News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

THANKS Capt K

Started by Frank, December 20, 2007, 10:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

It's now 2 full yrs since our good Capt brought us this site to ask questions,share stories and ideas.His vision is working and we have a great little community.Here's to ya kurt "grog"
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

CapnK

The Grog should go to all of y'all. I just started the place - the "sailFar'ers" are what makes it so great. :)

Smollett reminded me that it has been the 2nd Anniversary a couple days ago. I've been thinking about that, and... Wow. Time flies when you're having fun! :D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

bayracer

Sorry, must bust his bubble with one of those whatchucallits!!!! ;D The guy has way too much fun being single, doing his own thing, and we do not know what goes on behind the scenes in those bars with new talent everytime he walks down that dock in the redneck capital of the world!!!!!! HEHE! Love ya Capt. K, and envious of you and can relate since I was there over thirty years ago!!!

Auspicious

It seems to me that every once in a while we should stop and be thankful for this great forum.

Thanks Kurt.

sail fast, dave
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

CapnK

It's a bit saner than some other places, sometimes, eh? ;D Thanks, Dave! :)
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Pappy Jack

A place for dreamers and for doers. My favorite site by far and yes...I thank my lucky stars for this site ;D ;D ;D!!! May it sail on forever.

Fair winds,

Pappy Jack

oded kishony

I want to chime in with my thanks, not only to Kurt for his diligent attention to all the details of running and maintaining this board but to all the intelligent, thoughtful, considerate participants who make reading this list an education and  daily pleasure.

Thank you!
Oded Kishony

Grime

I am new to this forum and would like to thank all the regulars for passing on their knowledge and experiences. In the short time I have been here I have learned so much.

A special thanks to Kurt for advice and help on a different subject and to Charlie J for the trailer to get my sailboat home. We plan on giving it another try this weekend and put her over in the marina at Port Lavaca.

David
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Oldrig

Extra grog all around! Tis indeed a great site. Thanks Kurt and all the rest.
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

Leroy - Gulf 29

Oy! I'll drink to that.  Kurt - thanks for the great site.

maxiSwede

Yes, I can only agree with all of you. grog to Kurt and Thanks to all of you; dreamers, planners, doers and already been-there, done-it, got-the shirt'ers out there.

A day without a fast check on this site is a spoiled day - unless spent on the water of course!  ;D
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

ronc98

I need to say thanks as well.   I was bitten by the "sailing off into the sunset dream" while I was around 6.  These last 32 years it seemed that I only visited that dream on yearly beach vacations.  During the last vacation I decided it was time to get started on that dream and I purchased a1977  C-26.  With a little over a year of sailing under my belt I have at least started learning the skills I will need to finally begin living this dream.  This forum has been provided much inspiration as well as info. 

Thanks to everyone!

CapnK

Thanks y'all, but I'm just a glorified janitor - it's member contribution that makes sailFar what it is.  ;D

Hey - Welcome aboard, Ronc98! 8) Grog to ya! Feel free to start yer own thread down in the SBLD cruisers thread, and tell us more about yourself and what you've been doing with the boat! :)
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Tim

I think a "janitor" is a pretty important job (particularly in a place like this  ;) )we would be tripping over our messes without you.

Thanks Kurt, Grog
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Cmdr Pete

Yes, Thanks to Kurt. This place has really taken off.

We can all make an important contribution to the discussion, in our own way

1965 Pearson Commander "Grace"

Melonseed Skiff "Molly"

Manannan

A day without a fast check on this site is a spoiled day - unless spent on the water of course!  ;D
[/quote]

And I know what you mean, and I know some are dreaming of checking the net and this site while sailing. But then... when to stop ?  ;)
Leaving always represents the same challenge to one's self : that of daring...

Captain Smollett

You have 1492 posts!!  Something about that number sticks in my head....
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Zen

1492 Columbus or something...?
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Tim

Takes a lot wind to sail across the Atlantic ;)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Pappy Jack

And it takes alot of E-wind to make that many posts ;D! Keep it coming Kurt!

Fair winds,

Pappy Jack