News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Boat show season

Started by Solace, January 04, 2006, 03:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill NH

For anyone in New England, this is an event not to be missed.  Believe me, it's not your generic boat show - it's a celebration of craftsmanship!   For me it's a pilgrimage every spring, the sign that boating season is coming despite the giant snow piles outside...

Maine Boatbuilders Show 2008

When:
March 14-15, 2008: 10AM - 6PM
Sunday, March 16, 2008: 10AM - 4PM.

Where:
Portland Company Complex
58 Fore St.
Portland, ME 04101
Phone: (207) 775-4403

http://www.portlandcompany.com/boatShow/index.html
125' schooner "Spirit of Massachusetts" and others...

Oldrig

Yes, by all means, get to this show if you can.

Not only is it the place to see real boats, built by real people, but this year might be the last one.

Phin Sprague, who owns the property where the show is held, has put the site up for sale.

BTW, I'll probably be there on Sunday, as my wife's chorus has a concert tomorrow night.

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

Captain Smollett

Would it be improper to ask you guys to try to get (and post) some pictures?

I'd love to see some of these boats, but travel up there right now, for me, is impossible.  I'll have to settle for living vicariously through you guys. 
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

AdriftAtSea

Cap Smollet-

If I get up to the show this weekend, which is a likely possibility, I'll bring the camera along for ya. :)  Anything in particular you wanted photos of???

Dan
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Captain Smollett

Quote from: AdriftAtSea on March 14, 2008, 03:46:58 PM
Cap Smollet-

If I get up to the show this weekend, which is a likely possibility, I'll bring the camera along for ya. :)  Anything in particular you wanted photos of???

Dan

Pretty boats.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Oldrig

You'll see those aplenty! I'll try to bring my camera, too.

BTW, Dan, are you planning to go up Saturday or Sunday? I will be there on Sunday.

--Joe
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

AdriftAtSea

Oldrig-

I was thinking of going up on Sunday.  Can I catch a ride with you... I can drive, but it'd be better if I could catch a ride, since my truck is a gas guzzler. :)

Dan
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Oldrig

Dan:

I sent you a personal e-mail. Maybe we can work something out.

--Joe
--Capt. John Smith, 1627