well it looks like I will be upgrading in 9 days

Started by hearsejr, May 10, 2008, 08:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hearsejr

Well I got labled "disabled" this winter after three years of doc visits and 2 surgeries. I was in a head on car crash ...85 caddy roadster Seville vs. 2005 ford expedition. there was no real winners and I got enough for the new boat and motorcycle.
  last night I worked out an agreement and in ten days pending an inspection and test sail I'll taking home a Coronado 30 with new engine and fresh bottom paint.
  she will need some work but it is mostly cleaning and varnish. maybe some  hatch repair. the main sail is old, but the head sails are great and it has an older auto pilot, vhf, am/FM/Cass, heater, some charts, and stove in great condition. the dodger was sun damaged and ripped but I have help with getting a replacement made up. it comes with a dingy too. hopefully by summer I'll be ready for some real cruising.

Bill

Tim

Bill

Sorry to hear how you got there, but it looks as though your heading in the right direction.

Tim
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

AdriftAtSea

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

hearsejr

thanks yall.

funny how things always work out for me no matter what.
for a spell there I got knocked down, went on bad advice and got all depressed, and I decided to heck with it. and fate kicks in again and I'm on cloud and climbing.  when the deal gets done I will still have a nest egg to cruise on, but may not be as nimble has I was back a few years ago, so I might have to take it slower then you guys but atleast I'll be going.
pics coming soon.
anyone have any advice on the Coronado 30'er?

thanks all
Bill

CapnK

Well Congratulations, Bill! That new boat's a step up, eh? ;D Sounds like it is all coming together.

Don't know that boat very well, but looked at some online pics, and the layout seems well thought-out and very liveable. Sailorflo on here had a C24, IIRC, and he brought that down from Lake Michigan, so they do travel well. :)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

hearsejr

Thanks,
I'm all "giddy"  right now.
next week I am going there and give the boat a good going over and check out the crooks and cranny's. hopefully I'll find some treasures that might go with the boat, to sweet'en the deal up. lol.
  just 8 more days!

Sid T

Bill, great news about the boat, do you know where you will be keeping it yet.  We are still in Oriental but plan to head down around Southport soon for about a month.

hearsejr

Hi Sid,
well not yet. I thought about mc cotters in Washing area, but I have no real plan in action right now.
are you guys taking the Coronado? 
I'm looking forward to dragging you onboard my new boat when I get her down here.  lol
thanks
Bill

Sid T

Yep, taking the Coronado, trying to get a little paint on it in a few places before we start. Don't know if it will be before or after Memorial Day.  Sid

hearsejr

well if you need some help with the painting I'll be glad to help and even get in the way as an added bonus.
Bill
ps 7 more days