Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Scooters list

Started by CapnK, July 02, 2008, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

Quote from: Polecat on March 22, 2010, 10:41:44 AM
Sorry to say we won't be making the scoot.  Sooner is ready but her crew faces ongoing medical issues.  Looking to get underway this October. 
jim

Similar here.

Boat's not ready.  We undertook some repairs that have turned out to be more involved than anticipated.  (What?  That NEVER happens on a boat!!  :)  ).

Right now I'm tentatively anticipating my own "Scoot" as a singlehanded passage to Bermuda - but no time frame set yet.  It's about the same distance-ish as the NC -> Bahamas Scoot.

No matter if I'm in the 2010 Scoot or not, the Scoot has been good for wx planning and moving forward with some much needed projects.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

CapnK

It is interesting to see how the Scoot has evolved for different people, becoming more and more of an "individual Scoot", depending on the particular circumstances of the Scooter... :)

For a couple of reasons, my own Scoot date is pushed back from this spring, although I am planning and working on still making it happen this year, and it looks very likely to do so. (Yay!)

For my 'revised Scoot', I'm looking at a passage to the Bahamas from here (Georgetown, SC), starting in late November/early December (or: first available weather window getting me across the Stream w/out NE'erlies).

I've found that my business drops to basically *nothing* for December/January (for 2 years running now... :-\), so that is prime time to be gone, and I'll have a time window of a relatively guilt-free ;D 4-6 weeks, long enough to actually dig my toes in the sand down there. 8) Maybe I'll get to see Franks house, and/or visit with Connie, without having to hurry so much to get back right away, which I would have had to do if I went this spring. :)

Katie will be back in sailing condition late next month, so that'll give me summer and fall for sea trials, shakedown, practice, and tweaking, as well as to finish fitting out her interior at least well enough to be passageworthy.

If folks do meet up late next month in Beaufort NC to Scoot, I will probably throw my dinghy on the car and go up there to meet with y'all, prior.

http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Captain Smollett

Quote from: CapnK on March 23, 2010, 09:26:05 AM

If folks do meet up late next month in Beaufort NC to Scoot, I will probably throw my dinghy on the car and go up there to meet with y'all, prior.

And we will be around Beaufort available for shoreside support...grocery/other supply runs, general hangin out, etc.  Getting a group together at Clawson's or somewhere would be fun, too.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Auspicious

It looks like my trip in December/January was my Scoot. I'm sailing to LIS for May & June.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

Mario G

As of now the April Scoot is out but I want to be around when everyone leaves, We did get our Chrysler C-26 like planned but just won't be ready due to other unforseen factors.  Like You Capt K my business slows way down in December and January so I would like to hook up with you and tag along.  We want to make a habit of it.  The 1st mate wants to do a week on the boat just intime to be inBeuafort to see everyone off which I'm sure will be a good time.

bladedancer

Add me to list please.
s/v louise Michel
1963 pearson ariel, 26'
home port jamaica bay,NY
leaving mid sept 2010 for six months, ICW, Bahamas, maybe western caribbean.
shoestring budget. maikel carder, madeline nelson

hearsejr

my boat broke then I got a tumor..better now but the boat still needs to get fixed. I'm going for it this fall.