Hygiene; Keeping clean while underway......

Started by skylark, July 04, 2008, 08:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winkali

Just another idea my wife uses. Take a large plastic softdrink bottle (soda bottle) add some hot water from the kettle plus cold to get the right temp. Add a small amount of liquid soap and shake. Pour it onto yourself as needed and have a good wash. A second bottle with clean water is used to rinse. It works well and Jenny even gets to shave her legs. Shes happy and thats the most important thing.     George
::) ;D

CapnK

Well that makes sense, George - good idea! ;D Grog to ya!
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

cantxsailor

I have a propane heated shower from a company called ZODI. It uses "D" size batteries to power the pump and a 1lb propane canister to heat the water. I modified the pump so I can use it off the 12v outlet(stepped down to 9V and I have a high pressure propane feed off the hoses going to the stove that I mostly use for the grill but will feed the shower just fine. The whole unit comes in a plastic box that holds the water. You cyle the water back to the box until it's the right temp and cut off the fire and have at it. Not as cheap as a garden sprayer and sunshine but more of a guaranteed shower at the end of the day.........m

Frank

On a  K I S S  note, I purchased a 'Duckworks' pump up solar shower http://www.duckworksbbs.com/gear/shower/index.htm  It is basically a black garden sprayer with a handy thumb control on the shower head handle. I'll give it a ten. Heavy plastic,holds pressure longer than expected and it works. They went up $5 since I got mine...now $35, but its a nice, simple solution.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Mario G

I have this and it heats the water quick and works well for showers and dishes.

CharlieJ

Frank- I sailed this past week along with Chuck and Sandra from Duckworks, doing the Texas 200. They have an updated version now, which is why the increase in price.

Ours was VERY nice to have along- we used about 4 gallons of water in five hot sticky days. I think we sold about 4 more for Duckworks, loaning ours out to others ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera