Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Pot... Pots & pans Review

Started by CapnK, December 20, 2005, 11:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auspicious

I just went through the galley and cleaned out stuff I'm not using. Retained:

Farberware Classic (current version of my 25 yo stuff) 1, 2, 3 qt saucepans, 10" saute pan, 8 qt stock pot

Kuhn Rikon 5 qt pressure cooker

misc non-stick: 6" omelette pan, 10" fry pan

2 aluminum and 1 Pyrex loaf pans; 1 Pyrex lasagna pan

Life is good.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

Lynx

I had been studying about cooking on board and stoves. I had decieded on the Seacock single burner stove that only allows an 8 inch pot. I also wanted to go without handles. What I have been using for the last 7 months is the MSR Alpine Classic Cookset -
MSR Alpine Classic Cookset
Cooking in the handless SS pots 2 or 3 times a day. They have held up very well and do store equally well. I did get the extra handles which, when I bought them, was stronger than the orginal. I do need 2 when I drain the liquid from pasta and such.

Non-stick pan - MSR DuraLite Fry Pan
http://www.rei.com/product/695242
I have been using this for 7 months every day and the non-stick finish is finally wearing so that some things are sticking. It lasted much longer than I thought.

on edit, the Seacock stove lasted about 14 months fulltime use and then the burnners had rusted out.
MacGregor 26M

s/v Faith

James,

It is a good discussion, since there are so many good ones to look at.  I went ahead and merged it into the 'Pot' thread to include the earlier contribtiuons.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Lynx

MacGregor 26M