News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

SailFar Pride contest

Started by s/v Faith, November 04, 2008, 06:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s/v Faith

I mentioned the idea of a contest in the SailFar Sticker thread last month.  I know everyone has been holding their breath waiting for the details.

******* You can Win!  *******                                                                                                                      

Well, here it is.  Post your pictures showing your SailFar.net pride, at some point in the future we will post a poll and the entry with the most votes will win.

~~~~~~~ Enter to win!  ~~~~~~~                                                         
  Entries can be anything you see, or have posted, to promote SailFar.net.  There are over 200 stickers in circulation right now, but the entry does not necessarily have to include a sticker.  See the thread in the 'Sellfar' forum if you want stickers.

The prize will be a new and unread copy of;

Sailing Small: Inspiration and Instruction for the Pocket Cruiser (Paperback)
by Stan Grayson

review from Amazon.com;

QuoteNice stories about small boats
This books owners tell about their experiences with 8 small boats. If you think you must buy a big boat, read this and you'll see it's not so. Just depends on your application and how squished you're willing to be on a longer passage. The different writing styles and perspectives of the various owners is a pleasure.
Published on June 12, 2005 by ---- Neil H.

~~~~~ No purchase necessary!  ~~~~~

Let's see what you got!

Void where prohibited by state law.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

CapnK

OK, then - Entry #1.   ;D :D ;D

http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Joe Pyrat

Arrr!!!
Joe Pyrat

Vendee Globe Boat Name:  Pyrat

Antioch

P   O    R    T    L    A   N    D    -    M    A    I    N    E

Bubba the Pirate

OK, now I've got to get you picture of my Ford!   I'll have it when I get home tomorrow. 
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bubba the Pirate

There should be a country song about Land Locked and Snowbound.

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tim

Since the Virtual Vendee race was taking me close by Rio de Janerio, I thought I would jump in my dinghy and do a little sightseeing  ;)

And while there I would show a little SAIL-FAR pride.

Of course I stop for a some beachvolleyball, something I spent many days doing on the beaches of Santa Cruz, CA. When I noticed a championship going on I had the brilliant idea of getting an endorsement!  Since I had so little to bargain with on my small boat and less money due to having to by ALL the drinks when CapnK and I stopped at Durban,
I could only count on my charm. But I succeeded in getting a cute New Zealander to place a Sail-Far sticker on her uniform.

Unfortunately when I quizzed the spectators, though some remember seeing something nobody could remember what it said.

So as a last ditch effort before leaving to go back to my boat I decided to place a sticker someplace NO ONE could miss;

"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Pablo

I love it!!!!  You are right though, I didn't see any sailfar pride in the first pic. 

grog to you!
Paul

Bubba the Pirate

My other truck is a TRUCK.  I know this has fallen off the radar, but I finally rembered to take my camera with me to work. 125,000 miles a year or so.  My server seems to be slow.  Sometimes, I have to refresh the page for the pics to come up. 

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

s/v Faith

Ok,

I still have the prize.   ;D

Send in your entries NOW.  The entries will be judged and the prize will be awarded.

Deadline for entries is 10 December (so if you want to order stickers, you have time to get them in).

Grog to all who have submitted entries so far.   ;)

Tim

:o Thanks for reminding me, I think I still have one around here, got to find it or get another for the new motorhome. We just made reservations to take it on the Alaskan Marine highway to Anchorage and then drive back down.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Godot

Ok.  Ancient thread.  But I was just digging through my photos and I found an appropriate photo that should have been posted a year or so ago.  I can't take credit for the bumper sticker (talk to Dave about that); but I took the picture.  I figure, it is finally time it saw the light of day...

Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

CharlieJ

Funny!  Where was that pic taken?
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Godot

If my rather fuzzy memory recalls properly, Great Guana Cay, Bahamas.  A short walk from Nippers.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

s/v Faith

Quote from: CharlieJ on March 04, 2011, 06:56:33 AM
Funny!  Where was that pic taken?

Oh I know! I know!

Anyone know if the sticker is still there?  Frank?   ;D

Auspicious

It was still there a couple of months ago.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

Frank

Still there...saw it 2 days ago
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

s/v Faith

Tim is the winner.

Quote from: Tim on January 26, 2012, 01:36:04 PM
Wish you all were here

Prize already sent...  ;D

Tim

;D What can I say, it was a looooooong hard battle but I persevered!

W.A. Ward

Cruise

My vote goes to Tim, hands down.... I love Brazilian women's beach volleyball!
Cruising aboard S/V Saga
1962 Allied Seawind 30' Ketch, hull # 16
www.CarolinaKeith.com

Rest in Peace, Keith
link to Keith's Memorial thread.