CONTENT GUIDELINES and Welcome to sailFar!

Started by CapnK, December 18, 2005, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixie Dust

These dirty word changes are cracking me up.  It changes the Town I live in from Tallaha  ssee to Tallahabutsee.   It changes She ll island to Sheck Island.    ;D ;D ;D
This is making me laugh when I go back and read posts after the changes. 
Connie
s/v Pixie Dust
Com-pac 27/2

CharlieJ

Laura and I are just cracking up at that Connie!! See - BIg brother IS watching you.

I supppose the word mbutt as in Catholic mbutt will get changed also?

ROFLMAO!! Yep it did. NOT in preview, but in posting.

That is absolutely hilarious. Right up there on a par with the guy who got labeled a racist because he used the word "Niggardly" in a speech ;D ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Zen

Haha how true I tried to write pa$$ages and got passage  ;D

and Pa$$ed turned to pass, LOL
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Pixie Dust

The funny thing is that the preview does not show it.  It is after the post.
It will keep all of us on our toes.  I pity the new folks reading this.....They will think we are illiterate or a little "far out there"     :D
Gotta love it the puter brain.  
Connie
s/v Pixie Dust
Com-pac 27/2

s/v Faith

Let's see if typing mass makes you sound like an ass now.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

s/v Faith

Changed the filter a little bit, seems to have worked.

Let's try;

She sells sea shells down by the sea shore in heck.

s/v Faith

titilate the tit

poop the shitake

sell the shell in heck

mass the ass

CharlieJ

I  ASSUME we'll just have to  learn to deal with it ;D ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Skipper Dave

We assumed the assistance would assure us safe arrival in Massachesettes.

See if you can figure this one out...

s/v Faith

I assume this is better.

on edit.  Cool, now how about those shitake mushrooms?

Skipper Dave

Waahaapined?

Just when it was beginning to be fun.

----------------------------------------------------------

This morning it looked so nice out I thought I'd leave it out.

S/V "Tina Marie" Cal 2-27

Zen

Heard Hashita san liked Shitake mushroom hella lot til he passed away!

working  ;D ;D ;D

But now I can not use my captn Marvel decoder ring  :D
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Skipper Dave

Zen,

I think when decoded it says:

DRINK YOUR OVALTINE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning it looked so nice out I thought I'd leave it out.

S/V "Tina Marie" Cal 2-27

Mario G

Hey Capt K  even thou it was 25 yrs ago I was that highschool kid, some what on the outside due to most of the other guys dreaming of fast cars and such.  I was bite by the sailing bug at a summercamp when I was 12 and when I was 16 I was working at it teaching sailing.   Being land locked in upstate NY for the most part it hard to find ways to sail.  I took the USCG safety courses and all.  After Highschool life just seemed to get in the way. there were a few outtings here and there but nothing like I dreamed in younger days. It just seem like the dream was always going to stay just that.
Now it seems like a new life and all the dreams are alive again.  I use to tell my kids if the didn't behave I was just going to sail to the Bahamas and never come back.

heres one of the books I use to keep with me and have to laugh at all the stuff I collected over the years that were sail related.  Alittle tattered after 25 yrs but still makes the mind wounder to far off places

tomwatt

Thanks for the place to ask questions!
I had been 'declined' on one or two other cruising forums for reasons that escape me, although not having a 45' boat seems to have played a part.
I too grew up landlocked, though a bass boat or a canoe were all there was to boating... carefully read my father's "Bluejacket's Manual" from WW2, and dreamed. Then, about 2 weeks ago, I did the impossible/unthinkable, and got my hands on an old Bristol Corsair 24 - the boat is a bit rough, needs some work (is there a boat out there that doesn't?), and don't know where this all leads, but I'm determined to plunge ahead.
Sometimes dreams do come true!
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
It may be the boat I stay with for the rest of my days, unless I retire to a cruising/liveaboard life.
1979 Southcoast Seacraft 26A
Kinda up for sale.

atrometer

As a new proud owner of two boats (Nonsuch 22' is for sail), and a newly acquired Monty 15, I am looking forward to all the advantages of a micro sailor and selling the Nonsuch.  I just stumbled across this site as I was researching the "Monty".  We live in Fort Myers, FL - a great sailing place: beaches, cities with great restaurants, barrier islands, very good fishing, sunny and warm most of the time. 13 years ago, we made the trip from Lake Champlain, NY to FL on our Catalina 34 - wonderful trip!

PS - Zen, loved your Christmas poem for sailors!
August Trometer
North Fort Myers, FL

Travelnik

Captain K,

When I saw that story about the high school kid, I thought you were writing about me! LOL

I was that kid in Prescott, AZ, landlocked in the mountains with a dream of sailing. Instead of carrying my books to class, I had my Glen-L Marine catalog, and my Luger Boats catalogs, just dreaming of setting sail.

I had my dream knocked down many times by people telling me that I'd need a big boat (over 30') and all the ones I saw were out of my minimum wage price range. Even building one was so far out of my range that I could only dream.

The spark of the dream always remained though, and now, after raising a family, the spark is becoming a larger flame once more, and I know that size does not have to hinder the dream!

I have a 22' Westerly Nomad that is strong enough to handle the seas, and will cost me a lot less to maintain and repair, so the dream is a possibility now.

Thanks for this encouraging site!

I'm Dean, and my boat is a 1969 Westerly Nomad. We're in East Texas (Tyler) for now.

Jim_ME

Welcome, Dean,

Those Westerly Nomad 22s are cool. So roomy for a 3300-lb boat and with their shallow-draft "triple" keel design. A friend of mine got one with a trailer and is moving down from a 34-foot boat that has become too much to enjoy since she has developed some health issues--in addition to the benefits of reducing costs and increasing self sufficiency (as you also mentioned).

As you may already know, there are several twin-keel boat owners here (including me). Look forward to hearing about your adventures. -Jim

Travelnik

Quote from: Jim_ME on August 11, 2012, 02:11:24 AM
Welcome, Dean,

Those Westerly Nomad 22s are cool. So roomy for a 3300-lb boat and with their shallow-draft "triple" keel design. A friend of mine got one with a trailer and is moving down from a 34-foot boat that has become too much to enjoy since she has developed some health issues--in addition to the benefits of reducing costs and increasing self sufficiency (as you also mentioned).

As you may already know, there are several twin-keel boat owners here (including me). Look forward to hearing about your adventures. -Jim

So far, my biggest adventure involves finding her. losing her, and then getting her back. I'm working on a blog that will go through the whole adventure, as well as my future adventures with her.

At least, I will get back to the blog as soon as I can pull myself away from this forum!  ;D
I'm Dean, and my boat is a 1969 Westerly Nomad. We're in East Texas (Tyler) for now.

Bud

It looks like you have accomplished what you hoped for those many, many years ago. And then some.

Congrats and thanks!
Fair Winds to us all.