Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

"Auspicious" / Dave

Started by hearsejr, January 22, 2009, 03:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hearsejr

Dave,
   you still planning to go sailing in April? If you are then would you be taking the ICW to NC?
I am planning on going up to VA, and getting the Pretty Lucky set up and in the water, around Feb.

Auspicious

Quote from: hearsejr on January 22, 2009, 03:47:47 PM
you still planning to go sailing in April? If you are then would you be taking the ICW to NC?
I am planning on going up to VA, and getting the Pretty Lucky set up and in the water, around Feb.

Which April? I'm definitely still planning to do the Scoot (or at least sail a bit in front of the Scooters to ice down the beer) in '10. This year is up in the air as I'm juggling a possible job and classes at IYT sometime this Spring.

If I do sail South this year I'll launch from Little Creek aimed at Bermuda with a plan to miss and head South to Green Turtle Cay.

sail fast, dave
S/V Auspicious
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

hearsejr

kewl,
I will be doing " SOME" sailing this April, but not sure if I can do a long distant trip. of course the only thing holding me back is a court case which is said to be over by Mar. 5th. (I'm a witness) 
other then that I need the passport, and I'm free. no other pending hold ups. the boat needs some things done but I can her ready in about a week. if you head to Bermuda and I have my proper papers, is there anyway we might do a buddy boat thing? I don't care where I end up, I just want to spend a few months getting in to the cruising life style.

Auspicious

I don't mind buddy boating. I just don't want to spend a lot of time chugging down the ICW so whatever I do will be offshore.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

hearsejr

that works for me.  less things to hit off shore.
I'll need to go through my boat and check over the main sail first and the running rigging. it's been a while since the bat was gone through.  I'll need to do the the un-winterizing, lol.  I'll need charts too.
if you do make a short cruise, could you give me a short notice so I can get things in order? I should have the boat in the water and tested out near the end of Feb. unless I find some unforseen trouble, I'm going to playing around the Bay chassing ships.

Bill