There's a Storfidra for sale in Spain, $21k USD

CaptMac

I think the boat in the US is a halman or nordic 20
http://www.nordicaboats.com
Seafarer 26

maxiSwede

Quote from: Amgine on March 13, 2009, 06:17:19 PM
There's a Storfidra for sale in Spain, $21k USD

Approx. twice the price they sell for around here. Maybe you guys (interested) should make a group trip charter kinda thing to shop for suitable boats in Sweden.  ;D

Teh good'ole boats from the seventies are not that sought after from the weekend warriors anymore. They want space bekow decks and conveniences.... Quite a bit of smaller/older boats get exported across the Baltic Sea to  Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia as we could see during last summers cruising in that area...
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

maxiSwede

Just had a look at the  add of the one in Spain. Good value for the money, outfitted well above average.
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

evantica

The price for a Havsfidra in Swe is about: 3500-7000 USD. It's a Fantastic little "koster", I actulaly own one " Cov Haven" (my avatar) It was an old one, and not strong enough for the open sea! I found a Vega today for as cheap as: 3000USD Think they're quite expensive in US?!

Oldrig

Wow, I guess it would pay to fly to Sweden, buy a boat and sail it back to the USA, if one had the time. The dollar is high right now, although the economy is in the bilge.

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

evantica

dollar is high right now... Yes and the Swedish krona is almost worthless

Shipscarver

Quote from: s/v Faith on March 13, 2009, 12:21:02 PM
BOLO (Be On The Look Out) for a friend of mine.  Dennis, aboard 'FairWinds' a blue Flicka left from Bradenton FL.  He was going to sail around FL and leave from Key West for the Berrys and Exumas.

This is a great guy, he is the one who helped me finish getting Faith ready when I had my surgery shortly before I left.

Dennis is a great guy. He was 3 slips away from me at Regatta Point (Florida) until he left for the Islands.  Beautiful boat.
He did get the windmill installed and working. I hope he is having a great cruise.
"The great secret that all old people share
is that you really haven't changed . . .
Your body changes, but you don't change at all.
And that, of course, causes great confusion." . . . Doris Lessing

Shipscarver - Cape Dory 27

s/v Faith

Quote from: Shipscarver on April 09, 2009, 10:44:51 PM
Quote from: s/v Faith on March 13, 2009, 12:21:02 PM
BOLO (Be On The Look Out) for a friend of mine.  Dennis, aboard 'FairWinds' a blue Flicka left from Bradenton FL.  He was going to sail around FL and leave from Key West for the Berrys and Exumas.

This is a great guy, he is the one who helped me finish getting Faith ready when I had my surgery shortly before I left.

Dennis is a great guy. He was 3 slips away from me at Regatta Point (Florida) until he left for the Islands.  Beautiful boat.
He did get the windmill installed and working. I hope he is having a great cruise.

Dennis is back, and sitting here in my livingroom as I type this.

He says thanks for the kind words, and hopes everyone is able to get out there soon.

The winds were tough in the Bahamas this year, one cold front after another... hope everyone else has great wx.

Thanks,
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Lynx

Flicka group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flicka20/

must read book

Flicka Book

Author: Charles S Dewell
Title: "Kawabunga's South Seas Adventures"
Synopsis Charlie and Margaret Dewell spent a year sailing from California to the Marquesas, Tahiti,Bora Bora and back to the United States via Hawaii in their Flicka Kawabunga.
ISBN-10: 0966647203
ISBN-13: 978-0966647204
Yacht: Kawabunga
Publisher: South Sea Publishing (Jan 1999)

Read carefully the part on ocean voyaging. After reading this I bought my MacGregor 26M and stayed coastal.
MacGregor 26M

Zen

Ahoy folks
I've been out of touch for a while. Just back from Japan a couple or so weeks ago. Plus a lot of stuff to do before leaving. Now getting back into the Big sail mode. I checked into some off-Shore training with a experienced Captain and her group. But that is not what this post is about...

I have a new p/t job finally (some work) It is an Asst Harbor master at one of the largest Marina and Boat Yard here in the By area. I'm hoping for some good discount on my haul out work. One of my jobs is to walk the dock in the mornings when I come in. One of the things I noticed is a large amount of Flicka here. 5 in the water 2 on land.
I chatted a bit with one of the owners and he let me take a look on-board. Nice lil setup. I bit small for my taste in an ocean vessel, but do-able.

If anyone is looking to buy one. I believe there at least two that can be brought...
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

evantica

I've allways fancy those Flickas!!! Think it's one of the best looking boat in the world :P Sturdy little offshore cruiser! Never seen one in Sweden, is there any? Found some halvready in South Africa, where the moulds are right now I gues?!
Thanks for showing!

Frank

Couldn't resist    ;D
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Tim

"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Oldrig

Ah Zen,

Those pictures have started my craving for a Flicka again!

After a nearly fruitless search for one on the East Coast (I found a few, but all were overpriced), I ended up with my lovely Cape Dory 25D, dubbed by somebody as the "East Coast Flicka."

Yes, I know that Flickas are very slow sailors (even slower than my 25D), and they lack standing headroom, but they have that salty look that still gets my heart a-poundin'.

The other boat that does that, and perhaps even more so, is the Chuck Paine-designed Morris Frances 25 (with deck house). There's one of those beautiful double-enders moored along the fairway I pass through to get to open water. But, being a Morris, even one that's been out of production for years and years, those lovelies are completely out of reach of mere mortals like me.

So, I'm stickin' with my Alberg-designed little lovely...

But it doesn't hurt to look at pictures of Flickas.

(Don't worry, honey, I'm only looking ...")

--Joe
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

SV Wind Dancer

Just me, but when I gaze at the lines of a Flicka, it does not inspire.  Undeniably a stout little boat, but the same caption could underline a photo of Rosie O'Donnell in a muu-muu.  If I were to be tempted into the confines of a micro-cruiser, the Nordica 20 might be the bait to make this old man take up yoga...delicious lines...definitely not a "Rosie", more like a "Brigitte".  ~Sigh~ I'm already taken, fell in love with the fiberglass "girl next door"  :^)

SV Wind Dancer

On reflection, "Rosie O'Donnell in a muu-muu" was just too harsh on the noble Flicka...I retract the comparison.  "Kelly Clarkson in sweats"...there, that's better.

tomwatt

Quote from: Oldrig on June 01, 2010, 09:48:13 AM
The other boat that does that, and perhaps even more so, is the Chuck Paine-designed Morris Frances 25 (with deck house). There's one of those beautiful double-enders moored along the fairway I pass through to get to open water. But, being a Morris, even one that's been out of production for years and years, those lovelies are completely out of reach of mere mortals like me.
You do know that Rachel, one of the Morris-built Frances' is for sale currently, right? Yachtworld listing and everything. And yes, those are lovely boats. Hard to resist.
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
It may be the boat I stay with for the rest of my days, unless I retire to a cruising/liveaboard life.
1979 Southcoast Seacraft 26A
Kinda up for sale.

Oldrig

Tom:

Wish you hadn't told me about Rachel being for sale.

On second thought, I couldn't afford a new boat right now anyway.

Oh, before I forget, the Frances is a 26-foot sailboat.

--Joe
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

jdsackett

interesting discussion. i have looked at 3 flickas in california, 2 of which were nice boats. one had been through the canal and cruised half the world. by looking, i mean looking. spent darn near 4 hours on one i particularly liked and went over it stem to stern and back again. as much as my mind tried to make it work, i just couldnt do it. i think its about 4 feet too short. not trying to make like im getting 2 foot itis, cause i recently looked at an alberg 30 that i thought was HUGE. darn good boats to be sure, just dont think i fit in one.

about the nordica. i saw a halman listed in maryland. i think(????) they are pretty much the same hull. nice looking boats and look pretty much bomb proof themselves. this one was on a trailer, and appeared to be in most excellent condition. im starting to think fairly seriously about trailering. it does open up a lot of venues. not quite ready to fly accross the country just yet though ;D. regards, j,d,