News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Finally a good sail day

Started by jotruk, February 02, 2009, 05:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jotruk

Finally had a good day to go out and spend some quality time on the boat. My wife and I got underway and just lazed around for about 3 hours yesterday. We covered about 8 miles is all but it sure relieved a lot of stress and cabin fever.
There wasn't real strong winds so only got the boat up to about 5 knt. for a short way rest of the time about 3.5 to 4.  Over all a fantastic day with the temp at about 70.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

polecat

I have your grinder & sander ready for you -
jim

Captain Smollett

Very cool.  Sometimes those "just get out" days are the ticket, even without a lot of miles under the keel.

70 deg in Feb?  Not bad.  Though it's been in the 60's here.  Yesterday would've been perfect sailing, but we chose to 'cruise' the dink instead.  Gunkholing is addictive, after all.   ;)
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain