News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

RR.........................

Started by Frank, February 07, 2009, 05:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Just got back to Jubilee after a good BS session with two other cruisers. We had fun teasing as Gerry,on a C+C thirty was saying he was going back to his boat to do fish. The three of us are single handing,Jim said "what...and not invite us" Gerry replied that he didn't have a lot of fish....although maybe hamburgers.Jim asked "what else do you have"..Gerry replied "chicken". Jim said "ya better get us there soon before the RR gets ahead of you". ;D Puzzled, Gerry asked what's a RR?  Jim replied "rot rate"...pretty soon you'll be sniffing the meat and eating the worst smelling before it gets ahead of ya if ya don't hurry up. So...there ya have it...prepare meals according to the "RR" from now on  ;D
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

w00dy

My girlfriend's a vegan, so we usually don't have much meat aboard. Still, the "RR" applies to veggies too. We sometimes dumpster dive for food, finding all kinds of delicious produce, in varying states of freshness. It's always best to eat the wrinkly stuff first, that way what's left won't get all fuzzy, or worse, turn to goop.

We think that hanging net hammocks help keep them fresher than storing them in enclosed spaces.

Auspicious

Quote from: jmwoodring on January 19, 2010, 04:27:33 PM
We think that hanging net hammocks help keep them fresher than storing them in enclosed spaces.

If you sail a lot the net hammocks become effective juicers. I "made" apple sauce and orange juice with net hammocks on passage. Won't use nets again for anything but clothing.

YMMV
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

CharlieJ

:D
We just removed the little net hammock we had been stowing veggies in. Went to a mesh basket instead- they wedge inbehind the settee backs.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera