News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

New tiller fab nearly done.. PIX PIX PIX!

Started by Antioch, May 10, 2009, 10:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antioch

So last season I was having thoughts that the s/v Bligh's current tiller would only make one more season, and then I'd have to be in search of a replacement.. problem is I don't think that several four strips of hardwood, laminated, bent, and stained is worth 200 dollars.. it's not ebony we're talking about! So my friend, who is very good with wood, and has built a beautiful 18' Greenland style sea kayak (not to mention countless things for his home) said he was up for the job... He already had some of the raw materials, and only primative tools.. but here's where he's at so far.. nearly finished and only needing to stain it...

I think it looks darn good considering it's only cost him about $27! (and twenty hours or so...lol)

Robin

P   O    R    T    L    A   N    D    -    M    A    I    N    E

Antioch

i did not say "darn." LOL...  Hey.. the D words in the Bible! hehe

AdriftAtSea

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Gerald A. Gotts

Hey, That tiller looks good !  I've made some using fancier tools and they don't look any better .  Guess it must be talent....or lack of.

Good job
Now..............bring me that horizon

- Jack Sparrow

Antioch

The finished tiller.

Brian has finally got it finished.. we'll have to modify the autotiller's connection now as the shape's a bit different, but that's an easy job.

Grime

That's one good looking tiller. If your friend goes into make them for sale I hope you let me at least know. I need a new tiller.
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CharlieJ

Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Antioch