News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

"Prizes"

Started by Auspicious, June 21, 2009, 04:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auspicious

I concur with Kurt's hands-off approach to the Scoot - no fees, no rules, no safety net.

I think it would be nice to do up little certificates for those who make it to the Bahamas and back.

My thought is something with room for signatures of any one other participant, a random bartender in the Bahamas, and a significant other/boss/random person from back home.

My artistic ability is limited so I defer to others for an actual certificate design. I'll be happy to do the printing for everyone and ship them out, and carry spares to the Bahamas for walk-ins. *grin*

sail fast, dave
S/V Auspicious
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

Frank

I've offered to do "I survived the Scoot"  T shirts (a customer in the screening buz) I like the idea of finishers signing the shirts. I also like the GreenTurtle idea. That is "home" to me. I'll buy a few rounds at Sundowners for the finishers. I hope to have a few myself  :o
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Auspicious

S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

Pappy Jack

What about this. Everybody who participates in "The Scoot" makes a home made prize( a decent one) to be given to another participant. Just a little memento of the trip.

Fair winds,

Pappy Jack

Amgine

Or everyone brings a bit of good food to the final wrap up, and plate filling is in order of arrival?

Or better yet, everyone brings a boat-made desert! that way last place may have a sense of punishment as well as first place a sense of reward... (stovetop brownies anyone?)