Sometimes it not just a case of personal preference.....

Started by s/v Faith, July 31, 2009, 06:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s/v Faith

Yes, there is a right way to do a job... and a variety of other ways.

You can really mess up a boat with things like silicone, and other 'alternative' methods.  This guy should win some kind of prize though.

A power boater installs his own interior.

:o
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

s/v Faith

Here is the just of it....

QuoteHow do you describe this?

Seems the owner sent the panels, seats and bolisters out to be re-done.

Then HE put them back into the boat.

Used indoor dry wall screws. Long ones.

Put the boat in and quickly took on water.

The marina pulled the boat.

Starboard side;

Port side;

:P

Captain Smollett

S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

s/v Faith

Quote from: Captain Smollett on July 31, 2009, 07:19:46 PM
How could he not SEE that before launching?

You would think so wouldn't you?  Looks like the marina that pulled it was a dry stack marina.  I doubt that he did the work there, most of them will not let you do maintenance.

Cpt2Be

I'm as newb as they come and even I'd know better   :-\

CharlieJ

;D ;D

Along time ago I was working in Cracker Boy's Boat works, In Ft Pierce Florida.

Couple of guys were refurbishing a largish power boat, with new soles. They couldn't figure why the boat wouldn't come off the trailer- they had screwed the  plywood sole down with long screws-right into the bunk boards.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Pappy Jack

PLEASE tell me that these people don't vote ::)!!! But if they do,I suppose, that would explain what is wrong in Washington ;D.

Fair winds,

Pappy Jack

jotruk

Several years ago a guy at the marina I keep my boat at drilled a rather large hole through the bottom. He ended up with about 2 foot of water in the boat before he could get it stopped. and yes he was a power boater
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

hearsejr

LOLOLOLOLOL   I know a guy that took the impeller and water pump off his docked boat, walked to main breaker box in the wheel house and shut the power off, went a NAPA store, to get a new pump , went back 5 hrs later to install the new pump, and found his boat gone....his first words were "I wonder if shutting off the pumps did it or the engine cooling through hull was left open?"...I dove to wreck to find both the pumps shut off, and the through hull valves left open.