Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

dreaming

Started by matt195583, November 29, 2009, 04:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

Quote from: matt195583 on September 11, 2010, 10:09:49 AM

the 15 days is the estimated sea time ( coastal hopping ) I was figuring on taking 2 months off work a week either end and 6 weeks to make the sail ..... work is pretty flexible

In that case, HAVE FUN!!   ;D

Sailing to a schedule SUCKS.  Since you can eliminate that stress, this trip sounds like a blast.

I spoke to an old family friend who has sailed and raced lots and he reckons it its an easy sail ..... "just keep australia to you port side and you'll be right " .......

Sounds like our kind of sailor...simple enough navigation, anyway.  He a member of this board?   ;D

Best of luck on the offer.  If she's the right boat for you, getting her home will work itself out.

One word of caution for your first "offshore" trip:  You might have so much fun you won't want to stop and go back to work.   ;)
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

matt195583

Well it would appear that I have bought myself another boat  ;D . after haggling over the phone we settled on 29.5k down from 33.5k . subject to a survey .

now i just have to wait the 3 -4 weeks untill i can get down to melbourne to get the survey done ...... Also got a better quote to truck it up 1000miles to home $3900 . . might go with that yet ...

heres a link if anyone is interested in having a look

http://yachthub.com/index.html?page=list/ed.html?de=71963

Oldrig

Handsome boat! Congratulations.
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

matt195583

Well life has been interesting, the last boat fell through...... then I found another one that seemed pretty good , apparently that wasn't the case  the survey was not too much to my liking .........  I have found yet another promising boat and have a price sorted and survey booked for thursday week .... fingers crossed and all that  ;D

matt195583

well the dream is over ............. We are now living said dream. I bought a UFO 34 a week ago   ;D   and spent 4 glorious nights aboard . got a good sail in and didn't find any nasty surprises .... Life is peachy. I will upload some pics when my friend emails them to me ...

Chattcatdaddy

Congrats! 34ft? We might let you stay on sailfar! ;D
Keith
International Man of Leisure

matt195583

aw i sure hope you all do let me stay.

Oldrig

Congratulations.
34 feet--a veritable megayacht!
Sure, you can stay, if you want to hang around with the peasants ;D

Happy New Boat!
--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

maxiSwede

Quote from: matt195583 on January 04, 2011, 04:27:23 AM
well the dream is over ............. We are now living said dream. I bought a UFO 34 a week ago   ;D   and spent 4 glorious nights aboard . got a good sail in and didn't find any nasty surprises .... Life is peachy. I will upload some pics when my friend emails them to me ...

Congratulations and all the best to you!!

These folks here are nice....they even let me hang around after swapping for a mega -35 footer

;D ;D

keep sharing what's new...
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

matt195583

The last few months have been really great, I have been spending a fair bit of time on "BLUE PRINT" . I got the OK for 2 1/2 weeks off at easter so there is a bit of a trip in the making. I will try to get some pics and write down a bit of what happens.