Leaving for Florida/Bahamas Tuesday

Started by nmwarren, March 04, 2010, 01:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmwarren

Hi all, I haven't posted on the forum much, but I read it almost every day and have gathered a lot of useful info.  Thanks!  Anyways, I'm leaving for Florida with my girlfriend in our Compac 23 this Tuesday.  We're trailering from Port Lavaca, TX to probably the Palm Beach area, FL (thinking Phil Foster Park).  

The plan is to make our way down to Biscayne Bay, then make the crossing to Bimini and cruise the Bahamas for awhile.  No huge goals really, just mostly taking it easy and enjoying the cruising life for the first time.  We're going to be keeping a blog here:

http://sailingturalura.blogspot.com

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post on Sailfar (and getting away from sitting in front of a computer 50 hours a week is one of the goals of this trip), but we'll try to at least keep the blog updated periodically.  We're 27/24 years old and 3 years ago neither of us had ever even been on a sailboat.  So, it just goes to show that with enough desire, anyone can make cruising happen .  Thanks again for the help and maybe I'll meet some of you in the Bahamas after the Scoot!

-Nick

Grime

Nick,
Are you planning on being down at the marina this weekend? I joined your blog and have started one for us.

We hope to leave here sometime in April and do the long way down to Fla. Hope to see you on the water.

Fair winds and following seas.
David
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

nmwarren

Hey David, we won't be down this weekend, we'll just be down Tuesday to hitch the trailer up and say goodbye before hitting the road.  Melissa is working all the way through Monday so we're cutting things really close.

I hope everything is well with you and I'm sure you're as excited to leave as we are!  There's definitely a good chance we could be back in Florida and see you sometime later in the summer.   Let me know your blog address...

CharlieJ

Nick-hopefully we'll be heading up the keys pretty soon from Marathon. We should be somewhere around Key Largo or thereabouts soon. Try to keep in touch- maybe we can connect.

Email addy is charliej69@gmail.com and my cell phone is area code 361, then 237-9990

Charlie on Tehani

Edit: CapnK, hidin' CJ from da spammers. :)
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Grime

I'll miss you leaving have to be back in S.A. for two days again Monday and Tuesday. I'll PM you my blog address when I get it worked out.

You guys have a blast,
David
conagher60 at gmail.com
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CapnK

Y'all have a great trip, Nick!

I'll be checking your blog, & look forward to hearing about your adventures. :)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

nmwarren

Charlie - yes we've been following your progress =).  I'll look you up when we get down towards Miami. 

-Nick  512-557-1620

Gypsy Soul

Hi to Nick on Tura Lura.....Richard here in Rockport Texas, Have joined your blog and course follow you here and also Charlie j.   Also Dennis and I are planning to accompany each other to follow on Charlie's route ,..... I will launching Gypsy Soul tomorrow afternoon and after a short shack down will get under way.  Hope Dennis can make it.   Ky blog site is :

http://www.sailblogs.com/member/gypsy-soul/

Hope yu  will follow along.   Maybe we will run into each other ..... Oh your blog was a lot of good info....Have fun,,,be safe,,, and fair winds and gental seas to you and yours.

Richard
the Florida Gypsy Soul
s/v Gypsy Soul