Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

cape dory 25d

Started by jdsackett, September 03, 2010, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldrig

Quote from: Jim_ME on October 09, 2010, 12:50:22 AM
This is the second one that I've seen now with the forward head, so perhaps it was a production layout for these later boats?

Jim,

ALL 25Ds have the forward head, instead of a V-berth. It was one of the characteristics of this particular Alberg design. (And it was what appealed most to my wife -- although after a seasickness episode last season, she won't spend much time on the boat underway.)

FYI, this boat seems equipped very much like my own boat, except that they upgraded their stove.

It appears to be a pretty standard 25D, and if that's true, $6K is a steal.

Gotta be something wrong there.

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

Bill NH

Quote from: Jim_ME on October 09, 2010, 12:50:22 AM

This is the second one that I've seen now with the forward head, so perhaps it was a production layout for these later boats?

All the 25Ds came with this layout.  In 1984 Cape Dory began producing the 26 and 26D models, which returned to the traditional layout and were just the 25D hull stretched a foot aft (a bit more pleasing to the eye IMO, and provided a nice lazarette aft of the cockpit on the 26D...)
125' schooner "Spirit of Massachusetts" and others...

Jim_ME

Joe & Bill, Thank you--I didn't know that the forward head was the standard layout for the CD 25D.

I've just looked at the CD pages on the boats to compare them further...
http://www.capedory.org/specs/cd25d.htm
http://www.capedory.org/specs/cd26.htm

They are quite similar and close in displacement.

That 1984 CD25D in RI on EBay sold for $9,150.

Oldrig

Quote from: Jim_ME on October 20, 2010, 11:17:15 AM
That 1984 CD25D in RI on EBay sold for $9,150.

That's still a very good price. I'm somewhat suspicious of the real condition of this boat -- but this is still a buyer's market, and somebody is probably a very lucky buyer.

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627