Sharpie project

Started by skylark, November 23, 2010, 03:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

Tim

"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

Jim_ME

Sweet little boat, Paul. Glad you shared the photos.   

Reminds me of the Peep Hen design.

-Jim

Captain Smollett

Beautiful work.  Grog to ya, mate!

S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

skylark

Sorry, the pics got moved in a reorganization.  The build pics can be seen here:

http://www.cruisenews.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=3498

warning, slow loading due to many pictures

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

maxiSwede

Hey, is thar a Matt Layden design?
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

skylark

Inspired by Matt, but self designed.  It does have the chine runners of the Paradox.
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

CapnK

Paul - just went through the whole 5 pages of imagery - she is looking great! A couple of Q's:

1 - Will you have ports in the doghouse? I imagine that would be a necessity, or surely a luxury, to not have to poke ones head out into the Great Lakes night air to make sure you weren't dragging anchor. ;)

2 - Outboard - will the controls be within reach of the cockpit, or are you going to wrangle up some sort of remotes?

Very interested to find out how she sails. The chine runner designs are very intriguing to me.

Sven would approve, I bet! :) He hasn't updated in quite a while, hope he is still doing OK...
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Frank

Neat project. Keep us updated.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

maxiSwede

Quote from: skylark on April 22, 2011, 06:19:58 AM
Inspired by Matt, but self designed.  It does have the chine runners of the Paradox.

Cool job. keep us posted. I,too, am quite intrigued by the chine runners and Matt Laydens designs. And yes, I did encounter them via a book by Sven (Yrvind)a few years ago,

extremely KISS and Sailfar-style little vessels.
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

skylark

Quote from: CapnK on April 22, 2011, 08:24:40 AM
Paul - just went through the whole 5 pages of imagery - she is looking great! A couple of Q's:

1 - Will you have ports in the doghouse? I imagine that would be a necessity, or surely a luxury, to not have to poke ones head out into the Great Lakes night air to make sure you weren't dragging anchor. ;)

2 - Outboard - will the controls be within reach of the cockpit, or are you going to wrangle up some sort of remotes?

Very interested to find out how she sails. The chine runner designs are very intriguing to me.

Sven would approve, I bet! :) He hasn't updated in quite a while, hope he is still doing OK...

The cabinhouse will have ports.  I need a couple more coats of paint on it before I can install them. 

I have an old 2 stroke motor and I am hoping that I can control the choke and pull start the motor standing in the hatch opening.  I will also make a switch to ground out the spark.  So I hope it will be remotely operated.

Weather has slowed me down, not much progress lately.
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

skylark

Got the halyards fitted in.  Anybody know how to make some simple jam cleats?

http://www.cruisenews.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=3498&p=5094#p5094
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

Travelnik

Cool!

It looks like it is coming along well.

Years ago, I had an idea to make a small single-handed trimaran with fresh water ballast that I could pump back and forth from one side to the other. That would allow more sail area, and also store the drinking water supply.

Never got around to it though.

Keep up the good work and the posts!

I'm Dean, and my boat is a 1969 Westerly Nomad. We're in East Texas (Tyler) for now.

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan