teak and stainless product review

Started by Frank, January 22, 2011, 09:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I'm cleaning up the compac and tried out 2 new-to-me products.

There was rust forming in those lil grooves in the welds of the stantions and other hard to get at places. Adift had earlier posted about "Spotless Stainless"
It's an acid that you brush on. A thin gel in texture, it is easy to work with and gets into those hard to get places. Simply brush it on....leave sit for about an hour...rinse off. Re-apply to the bad spots. The stuff WORKS. Too easy and a lil goes a long way.  I got some on my skin and simply rinsed it off with no burn.
I'd give it a 9.9 out of 10       Thanks Adrift

My Compac has more teak than typical. I've used cetol and varnish on other boats but the sanding and taping part is a pain. Semco Teak Sealant is kinda like Thompsons water seal. No sanding required but...but...the teak must not have other products on it for the 1st application. Simply wash the teak...let dry and brush or sponge on. My teak cleaned up well but was very dry. The 1st coat sucked in instantly. 3 coats later it looked great. No taping is needed and drips are easily wiped off your fiberglass. Ones you missed that dry over night are easy with a rag and a bit of thinner. As it ages and stops beading water... 3-4mths...you simply wash, dry and re-apply. Never sanding or taping.  I'd give it an 8 outta 10.

Both are labour saving products that actually perform as advertised.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men