News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Pearson Ariel

Started by s/v Faith, March 06, 2006, 12:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJim

Bob, I won't be back down until tghe first part of March but I am on M 111 and there is a fella right on the other side of the dock who has a Triton by the name of Norman that is a real kick in the butt that you ought to meet. Let me know where you are and I'll look you up....Berkeley is a good, easy out easy in place to sail out of.....you'll like it...

BobW

Jim, I'm on J dock: J-304.  This is the first time I've kept a boat at Berkeley, but I've sailed on friends' boats out of there, and you're right.  It is easy in and easy out.  I look forward to meeting you - and Norm, too!
Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI
Building Gardens of Fenwick, a Welsford Pathfinder
Karen Ann, a Storer Goat Island Skiff

skylark

Nice looking boat, clean, new sails, looks well loved

Buy it now for 2500 or bid lower!

Bring an outboard and an anchor, it looks ready to sail.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boats_Sailboats__1963-Pearson-Ariel-258-Sailboat-MD_W0QQitemZ110311329147QQ

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

dnice

I noticed this the other day also...

This boat has been on Yachtworld for over a year (the entire year i have been looking at yw.. who knows how long before that).

The asking price on YW is 3500.

It does look good for the price, but I wonder why nobody has gone for it yet?

Even if something really bad is wrong with it... like maybe the entire deck needs re-coring...is it really that bad of a price for that type of work???

Grime

Looks like they pulled the motor and donated her. Shame she is not down here. I would put my boat up for sale and do the buy it now deal.

I think the age has a lot of people afraid of her. She might just be one of the deals that comes along. Like the guy that got a Hunter 25 for $400 and sold her 2 weeks later for 2500. He didn't even clean her up. The new owner is doing that.

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Tim

I suspect that here may be something not apparent about her. To be listed that long at $3500 is not a good sign, I would want a good look before taking something like that on. Pretty looking in the pic though!  :)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Marc

I REALLY do wish I lived on the east coast with all the "good" boats for sale esprcially on e-bay.  Marc
s/v Lorinda Des Moines, Iowa

Grime

From what I understand with Boatangle the photos are to be resent. The last update on YW was Sept 08. One thing that would hurt the sale is the lack of information posted on YW. In fact no information.  I see the bidding is going up with a couple of days to go.

From the pictures she has a lot of mold in the cabin.

I'm with you on that one Marc on living on the east coast and the good deals on good boats.
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

skylark

Here is the location of more pics.  I'm not seeing anything scary about it, in fact it is looking pretty good, with a lot of the refit work already done. 

http://www.boatangel.org/photos/HW08318-1963-Pearson-Ariel-25ft8in-Sailboat-photos-Chesapeake-City-MD/

I see the bidding is going up, what do you think would be a fair price for this boat?  I am thinking 3 to 4K.
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

s/v Faith

I recognize this one from PearsonAriel.org I just can't recall the hull number.

There is not necessarily anything wrong with it.  The market is bad, and very
few buyers are looking for a full keel boat.  The Ariel, and to a lesser extent the Commander
have always been a great buy, since many buyers looking for that size boat are not looking
for a full keel.

The wooden toe / rub rail is an addition, and it might be helpful for someone who wanted to
try to figure out the hull number (and history) of this boat.

The association keeps track of the hull numbers and owners and you could probably get an
idea of the history of it on their web site.

You won't find a much better cruising boat, but then I may be a bit prejudiced.  ;)
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Pappy Jack

Marc,

I'm with you on this. Iowa is a great state EXCEPT for access to good sailboats and good sailing. Oh, we have both but not the quantity nor the quality to choose from ::). Someday Marc, we'll have what we want. But for now we'll just have to live with our boats and our winters :'( (burrrrr).

Fair winds,

Pappy Jack

s/v Faith

SailFar Ariels (in no order);

'Katie Marie', Capt K's (A-422)

Ebb's Ariel 'Little Gull' (A-338)

Zen's  'Kuan Yin'- A-268

Tim's "Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331

My own 'Faith', (A-226)

Brit's 'Ariel Spirit' (A-3)

Frank's Ariel, 'Revival' (A-50)

Tony's Ariel (A-113)

And of course Commander Pete's Flagship Commander (C-200) Grace

Barry's Commander #164 'Winky'

Apologies to the others I am not thinking of right now... FWIW I know I am forgetting someone...   :P

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Grime

Skylark, If you are thinking somewhere in the 3 to 4 k bracket I would just call them and pay the 2500 and for get the bidding.

I would love to have her with the full keel. Would make a lot better cruising boat than me Starwind 22.

Quote from their ebay listing.

We will sell this boat on ebay to the first person who calls in with an offer of $2,500.  We will end the auction on ebay with such bidder as the winning bidder. All interested bidders please call us at 1-800-227-2643
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

AdriftAtSea

IIRC, some of these are no longer owned by said sailors though. :)
Quote from: s/v Faith on November 13, 2008, 02:59:24 PM
SailFar Ariels (in no order);

'Katie Marie', Capt K's (A-422)

Ebb's Ariel 'Little Gull' (A-338)

Zen's  'Kuan Yin'- A-268

Tim's "Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331

My own 'Faith', (A-226)

Brit's 'Ariel Spirit' (A-3)

Frank's Ariel, 'Revival' (A-50)

Tony's Ariel (A-113)

And of course Commander Pete's Flagship Commander (C-200) Grace

Barry's Commander #164 'Winky'

Apologies to the others I am not thinking of right now... FWIW I know I am forgetting someone...   :P

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

skylark

Quote from: Grime on November 13, 2008, 03:58:02 PM
Skylark, If you are thinking somewhere in the 3 to 4 k bracket I would just call them and pay the 2500 and for get the bidding.

Please, I already have a boat! What would S/V Skylark think if I were running around ogling other boats!

MUST ... RESIST ... BIDDING
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

AdriftAtSea

Skylark-

If you bid, and s/v Skylark dumps you overboard next time you're out sailing, you'll know she's got your internet connection tapped. :)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

ronc98

I wish I had  place to put her.   She looks like a great project boat. 

skylark

Somebody already did the hard work of removing the inboard.

Scrub it down inside and out
Clean up the rats nest of wiring
Get a decent outboard
Throw away the junk
Check the rigging

And you would have a nice, sailable boat to start with.  I'd say its worth $1000.
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

CapnK

The owner was a woodworker, and it really shows. This boat is a work of art - from the cabinetry, to the fitting of the dodger. And it sounds like most of the major systems are basically brand new. Can't go wrong with this boat for the price, even if you had to truck it across the country!

More details and photos:

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/boa/1059372935.html

http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussion/showthread.php?t=1945

(Standard disclaimer applies. ;D )

http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)