-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Pearson Ariel

Started by s/v Faith, March 06, 2006, 12:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldrig

Kurt,

What a beauty!

If I didn't already have an Alberg, I'd be on my way to Raynham right now! (It's on the way to my boat, anyway.)

Half what I paid for my Cape Dory 25D!

Let's hope somebody picks her up.

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

CharlieJ

Kurt- someone we both know is looking at that boat. I got a call the other night asking what I thought- I said BUY IT NOW!!!
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CapnK

Yep, that is a crazy low price for the boat, Joe. What's one of those new daysailers with similar lines and (you'd hope) similar construction sell for - about $90K?

So, for what,~7% of that (math sux), you'd have this Ariel...

That's what I'd call a 'no brainer'. ;D

CJ, tell whoever it is I said "Buy it" too. :)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CharlieJ

They will be stopping by the boat next weekend, and if it i still there, and IF it really looks as good in person, it'll probably get bought. But there are a few things about the boat that "jar" - the woodworker may have been good, but he was NOT a boat carpenter. There's a real difference between a carpenter and a boat carpenter. There is also a small question about the deck recore and materials used therein.

But this interested person is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about boats.

So we shall see.

Kurt  - You can call me and Ill tell you who it is but I don't want to post the name.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Tim

"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Fischer8504

s/v Faith

Frank posted this on PearsonAriel.org

I am re-posting it here in case anyone has any leads for him.

QuoteNE Ariel wanted for restoration
Wanted...one inexpensive (read-FREE to CHEAP) outboard model Ariel in the extreme NE. Condition of standing/running rigging,sails,engine,interior not important as it will be extensively modified.The perspective new owner miss's the frustration of newly made parts not fitting and the itch of fiberglass dust on his skin. Once completed,boat to be used for cruise from Florida through the Bahamas ,across northern Cuba,then Mexico on down to the SanBlas islands.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Frank

After having just restored the Electra with intentions of keeping it in the Bahamas and simply flying in rather than worrying about weather for crossings...long term plans changed. It will be a great boat for tours to HopeTown and Little Harbour etc. Judy and I are KISS and a few weeks on the Electra will be fine. Since returning home this year,she has come to the conclusion she wants to retire and has set a 2yr plan to wind down her business (  ;D  ;)YIPPIE  :o ;) :o ::)HURRAY ;D) We have long talked of heading across northern Cuba and working our way down to the SanBlas islands with intentions of spending several months within that chain alone. The lil electra just ain't going to cut it for that.It will remain our Bahamas boat.The Ariel,which I loved, will become our 'cruising boat'.We've disscussed hauling and storing it at various destinations if we need to fly home etc.(3 no longer little kids) We looked at several boats on the web but my heart goes out to ole Pearsons in general and Ariels in particular. They are pretty,sail SO sweet,are great offshore,have fairly shallow draft and I know them inside out.So....thats how I got to this point...full circle.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

nowell

" ... includes rigging, sails and any critters living inside ..."

;D ;D Seller gets a thumbs up from me just for that line alone!
s/v "Aquila"
1967 Albin Vega #176

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

Chattcatdaddy

This is killing me seeing all these sailboats for sale and me not having the funds. (Note to self: start working harder and saving money and not spend it on silly stuff) I thought my dream of getting a boat was all but over when the wife said she just couldn`t see herself being on a boat after telling me it sounded fun, but a divorce will solve that problem here in a few months( cruising didn`t cause the divorce, but I`m sure it didn`t help anything). Oh well no use crying over spilled milk. I would love to have a boat and be ready for The Scoot, but I don`t think that would be reasonable at this moment.
Keith
International Man of Leisure

Pappy Jack

Keep the faith Keith...keep the faith. Set a goal and go for it is the best thing you can do. This recession sent me for a loop(financially :'() as far as "The Scoot" goes but I'm still working toward it. Who knows what will happen.

Fair winds,

Pappy Jack

Chattcatdaddy

Good news is that as of Dec 2009 I will be debt free! ;D So nothing will be holding me back from getting the ball rolling.
Keith
International Man of Leisure

Frank

Just figured how to make a pretty Ariel even prettier. I'm using Willy's shot of his dark blue hulled Ariel at a dock as my screen saver. Well...my screen and his pic don't match.I looks longer,thinner and with  nicer overhangs. Now THAT is one fine looking boat   ;)

Frank

This fellow posted on the Ariel site a couple of years ago..........went away.........came back with this. http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussion/showthread.php?p=19719#post19719     WOW

s/v Faith

Dear Lord,

I LOVE my little ship!

.... just saying...  ;D
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Tim

Quote from: s/v Faith on February 11, 2011, 09:14:37 PM
Dear Lord,

I LOVE my little ship!

.... just saying...  ;D

Me too!  (but I admit to recent affair with my little Cape Dory girlfriend)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward