News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Grade A Forum

Started by Sunset, October 18, 2012, 11:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunset

I just thought I would take a moment and thank the folks and the sponsor of this forum for the ideas and suggestions.

Thanks All
84 Islander 28

CharlieJ

With ya on that, for sure.

Even if Captn K IS chintzy with rum!!! ;D ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

s/v Faith

Been so busy getting ready for my next 'long trip' that I have not been as active, but still check in most days to see what everyone is up to....

.... welcome! to all the new members, glad to see some new people posting.

Fair Winds,
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

CapnK

It's the shared experiences of the members - both 'noobies' and old salts - that make sailFar such a great resource, and the love of small boats and sailing which create such an awesome sense of community among sailFarers. Kudos to all. :)

---------------------

WRT CJ's comment - I post the following as evidence, from within our own sailFar Gallery:

That was a full bottle when he showed up here on Tehani, less than two hours before... ::) As I recall, what he was saying in his Texas drawl at that moment was along the lines of "I think it's high time you go to the store and git yerself yer own bottle, there ain't rum enough fer two in here no more...".

I'm not sure if he taught Frank, or Frank taught him, or if it is just some innate talent to them individually (genetic, perhaps), to travel hundreds of miles seeking good, free rum...

Kinda like bees and nectar.

Hmm - does that make them "Rumblebees"?  :P ;D

http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CharlieJ

;D ;D ;D

Stock up- may be there again next summer

;D ;D ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Tim

OMG, that photo alone tells such a story, it bears repeating ;)  ;D

"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

CharlieJ

Well- truth is- see the size of the glass in my hand? That rum was some 100 yr old stuff he had- GOOD stuff too.. We each had one of those small glasses of it.

THEN we switched to cheap stuff ;D ;D ;D

And the good capnK can hold his own, I assure you.

Was a very nice afternoon on the dock ;)
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Travelnik

This is a great place, and I love the philosophy of small boats on big adventures. (I was inspired by Sven Lundin/Yrvind.)  ;D

Too bad that it gets so slow here.  :(

I'm Dean, and my boat is a 1969 Westerly Nomad. We're in East Texas (Tyler) for now.

Tim

Quote from: dsmastern on October 19, 2012, 04:59:59 PM

From my experience on sailing forums, it is usually slow when people are out sailing or working on there boats, or if you are real lucky doing both.  ;D
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

CharlieJ

Have you read all the cruising tales found on the home page under "small Boat Adventures"? That should occupy you til cold weather picks up the posts here.

Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Travelnik

Quote from: CharlieJ on October 19, 2012, 06:56:13 PM

Have you read all the cruising tales found on the home page under "small Boat Adventures"? That should occupy you til cold weather picks up the posts here.

Thanks! I'll work on those!  ;D

I'm Dean, and my boat is a 1969 Westerly Nomad. We're in East Texas (Tyler) for now.

CharlieJ

Just spent a while re- reading my own (Tehani). Boy did THAT bring back memories!! Now I wanna do t again ;D ;D

Been almost a year now since I got home. Time to add to the cruising miles I think. But this time it'll be aboard Necessity, and looks like, single hand. Oh well >:(
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Capt. Tony

Wait a minute!  Did somebody mention free rum?!? :o

Frank

My dear Captain K.
As to your comments below.....all I can say is  "I resemble that remark!"
As to CJ....he is a gentleman and fine judge of rum!

Capt K  ""I'm not sure if he taught Frank, or Frank taught him, or if it is just some innate talent to them individually (genetic, perhaps), to travel hundreds of miles seeking good, free rum...

Kinda like bees and nectar.

Hmm - does that make them "Rumblebees"? ""
God made small boats for younger boys and older men