Considering naming my boat "Happy Ever After"

Started by Future sailor, May 31, 2013, 04:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Future sailor

Greetings, hope all is well. I'm taking delivery of my first sailboat, a 1980 South Coast Sea-craft 26, on Wednesday. I am considering naming her "Happy Ever After". Why you ask? Well, my girlfriend of almost six years has always wanted to get married - you know - Happily Ever After. But, I just can't bring myself to do it. Nope, too much to lose including the freedom of extended sailing. You see, she wants me to marry her, settle down in a ranch house, and help her to continue financing the lifestyle of her 26 year old son. I just can't do it - I want to pursue extended sailing instead. So, rather than giving up the dream for her plan of happily ever after, I will keep pursuing my dreams including extended sailing on my new boat "Happy Ever After". Comments are appreciated - even negative ones. Thank you in advance, sincerely, Scott

s/v Faith

Congrats on the new boat, and welcome aboard!

Do you think the name of the boat would have a bad association for you in the future?  If not, it sounds like a great name.

I look forward to reading about your future adventures!
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Future sailor

Greetings s/v Faith, Hope all is well with you.

No, I don't think this name will have a bad association with me in the future - thank you for bringing this consideration to my attention.

Our boats are very similar. I think that your boat has opening ports? Next year I plan on replacing all six of my port hole/windows with those that can open, as right now the only one that opens is a slider in the head. I plan on replacing them with not sliders but those that open to a screen with a great seal. The new ones will also be tinted.

I see that you sail off the Southern East Coast. My current plan is to retire in 26 months. Then sail Jan - May in the Bahamas. June - Aug. on Lake Michigan. And Sept. - Dec. on Table Rock Lake in MO.

What are your favorite additions/changes that you are glad that you added/changed to/on your boat?

Fair winds. Scott