News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Second Boat

Started by jotruk, April 02, 2014, 01:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jotruk

Well I just bought a San Juan 24. The only reason was the price I got boat motor and trailer for less than 1000. The boat has been setting at the dock for 2 1/2 years and has a lot of dock rash and a beard on the bottom about a foot long. that is all cosmetic the boat has 2 + sets of sails on of which is Mylar they are in great shape. the owner has the cushions at home hand they are like new and custom made. the motor is only a couple of years old and has very few hours on it I will post pics when I get the chance.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Tim

Second boats are good to have... uh, maybe thirds also....uh, four might be even ok ::)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Captain Smollett

Or even five ...  ::)
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Mario G

Becareful Jotruk thats how it started with me, how could I pass up on my second boat (the chrysler 26) when the guy only wanted $1000 with a ton of new stuff. But you see were I am now on my 4 boat and living aboard.   It could happen to you!