9 years now, Frankie - and it's Thanks to YA'LL!!! :D

Started by CapnK, December 16, 2014, 09:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnK

Just paid up the domain name for another year, so we should be good to go for saying another

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SAILFAR!!!

...and another again next year, even!  8)

For now, though, I am amazed and glad to see what ya'll have done with the place. :D All I ever did was hang up the sign, it is the ya'll, the Mods and Members who framed in and fitted out our little virtual Capn's Room here on the verge of the internets, and now nine years running it is still one of the best places to meet the coolest and friendliest people. :)

It was almost a year ago that we lost member "Cruise", aka "Carolina Keith", in a truly tragic accident right here in the waters of Georgetown, maybe a mile from my boat. Hard to make any sense of that one, and it was not a great way to start the year. But I take heart in knowing that Keith was dong what he loved onboard his boat right up until the end, and I don't think you can ask for much more than that. And over time, the year did get better...

I saw Mario and his Admiral briefly this year on their way south in the spring, and if S/V Faith was here after that I would never admit it even though it never happened despite what the NSA claims. I then met w00dy and RayLay on their way north (BTW, w00dy - they've removed the Wanted posters, I think ya'll can stop in on your way back by without recrimination, especially if R stays outta sight during the day. Like with others, I know nothing...). Late this fall Chappy and his sister stopped in on their way south in his new *trawler* - yep, a nice 42'er that he is taking to Panama to serve as his new _family_ home. See, he sailed away in a small sailboat, went south and took a left to Paradise and a beautiful woman. He still has his sailboat down there, but with a soon-to-be wife and a couple of children, his sailboat is a bit too small. He was here with his crew/sister, and we went out to where w00dy made me drink so much and wouldn't you know, Chappy and sis did the exact same thing! I think ya'll must plan these visits behind my back or something...

Anyway, it's a new year coming, and I've this new-to-me bigger boat thing to figure out how best to make it "sailFar". It's nice to have the experiences ya'll have shared as a touchstone - A HUGE Thanks to all of ya'll who've made sailFar the community it is*. :D

*That would be the Green Bay Packers of website forums.
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Frank

Where did time go??? A HUGE thanks to you for keeping this running and all the efforts ya put into maintaining everything!! It sure has come a long way. Ya gotta be proud!!

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

CharlieJ

NINE years?? Unbelievable!! And a great site it is.

Folks - I've stopped by CaptK''s spot in the world twice now- WATCH your rum. Oh- that was HIS rum  :D

Gotta watch that W00dy and RayLay too- last time they were here at the house, EVERY time I asked her if she would like another Coconut Rum and pineapple juice, she said "yes please" Very sweetly too :)

CaptK- here's to you amigo. Remember this- your Birthday rum
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Capt. Tony

Quote from: Frank on December 16, 2014, 10:22:03 PM
Where did time go??? A HUGE thanks to you for keeping this running and all the efforts ya put into maintaining everything!! It sure has come a long way. Ya gotta be proud!!

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can only say, "Here, Here!" to that.  I only hope one day I do something as monumental as you have done here.  This is the real deal, Kurt.
Thanks!

Tim

Congrats gang! If half the stories I hear about y'all out there are true, I am glad I live on the West (rhymes with best) Coast,  ;) ::) ;D
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Jim_ME

Yes, Happy Anniversary!

And thank you CapnK for this place.

Although also here in the East
I seem far enough North
to be somewhat safe, at least
No one comes forth
With drink nor beast
(though it does Rhyme with Yeast) :D

Charlie, that visual does make me thirsty.

Grog to you all! 

lance on cloud nine

I also would like to thank everyone who contributes here. I have learned so much from all of you. Not only from a technical stand point, but maybe most important, have absorbed some special attitudes. When I first bought my O'Day 23 I sort of assumed it would be a stepping stone to ever larger boats. But as I learned more about sailing and spent time around other peoples big boats, I noticed that my 23 footer always struck a cord in my heart and mind. I thought I was in a minority, then I stumbled on sailFar - and it was like a light bulb illuminated my future! you folks spoke my language! I decided to stick with smaller boats and spend the time saved to develop bigger skills. I still have much to learn (like for the rest of my life) but have really enjoyed it.

so, thanks again to all of you.
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

Cyric30

HIP_HIP HOORAY :) to all use, And many more to Come.