Started by Zen, May 07, 2006, 06:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

I happened across this whilst doing a search on Aries windvanes

www.voyageofhope.org/
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

seolbetha1

the voyage of hope that you mentioned, would that be the one of Les and Lindy? For stroke awareness?

Zen

https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

starcrest

what he had going for him is his relatively young age and the fact that he received medical attention so quickly.what they say in the E.R.s is that with a stroke---or "brain attact" time is brain.the longer it takes to get medical attention the more brain function you loose.I am glad that I did what I did when I was younger.not that I cant do it again---I jus' gotta get cured of what I have.the day will come that I write of such an acheivement---after overcoming cancer.
"I will be hoping to return to the boating scene very soon.sea trial not necessary"
Rest in Peace Eric; link to Starcrest Memorial thread.

Captain Smollett

Quote from: starcrest on June 24, 2006, 02:53:09 AM
the day will come that I write of such an acheivement---after overcoming cancer.

Eric,

Sorry I did not think to post this before, but have you thought about writing about it NOW?

One of the most poignant stories I ever heard was the speaker at my wife's med school graduation: a doctor who was also a cancer survivor.

Today is the journey.  Please don't wait until later to write your experiences.

Just a thought,

John
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

starcrest

now is not the time.when I am ready to---with what I have set the stage for---it will come in time.
"I will be hoping to return to the boating scene very soon.sea trial not necessary"
Rest in Peace Eric; link to Starcrest Memorial thread.

AdriftAtSea

Quote from: Captain Smollett on July 02, 2006, 05:48:28 PM
Quote from: starcrest on June 24, 2006, 02:53:09 AM
the day will come that I write of such an acheivement---after overcoming cancer.

Eric,

Sorry I did not think to post this before, but have you thought about writing about it NOW?

One of the most poignant stories I ever heard was the speaker at my wife's med school graduation: a doctor who was also a cancer survivor.

Today is the journey.  Please don't wait until later to write your experiences.

Just a thought,

John

John-

You may want to visit my website and read the section called Life with Gee.  It can be seen at http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee.  It is part of what will eventually become a book titled "No Greater Love" that I am writing.

Let me know what you think.

Dan
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Captain Smollett

That is very touching.  You have emphasized, as we all need to hear from time to time, that when it comes to our time on earth, together in relationships especially, it is not about quantity but quality.

Best of luck with your book.  I know it will be bittersweet to write.

Here's to the journey, and Fair Winds.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Pixie Dust

Dan, I just read your Blog site regarding your time with Gee.  My heart is so touched by your words, your love and your meaningful time together.  What a wonderful touching story of love and commitment.  You found and experienced what most of us only dream of.
It is so sad that her time on Earth was so shortened, but what wonderful love that she gave and received.  She obviously was a wonderful person.  Thank you so much for sharing this heart touching story.  Again it shows that we should never, never take for granted special people in our lives.   Best wishes on the writing of the book.
Connie
s/v Pixie Dust
Com-pac 27/2

AdriftAtSea

John/Connie-

Thank you for taking the time to read my writing about Gee.  It has been a healing thing to write about the woman I married.  Her legacy to me still makes me a better person than I would have been without her.  I'll keep you posted on how the book is going.

Dan.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more