News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Spinnaker Snuffer

Started by ralay, March 03, 2017, 12:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralay

I just sewed us a snuffer/sock for our assymetrical spinnaker, and we're getting confused about the best way to attach it to the sail and halyard.  I keep reading about adding a swivel, but I'm not sure if the swivel is supposed to be between the halyard and the sail/sock so that the sail/sock swivel together or if the swivel is supposed to go between the sock and sail somehow so they swivel independently?  Or both? 

Does anyone have one of these already?  I'd love a picture/description of how everything looks up there at the head.

lance on cloud nine

I think just the sail is supposed to swivel, and that the swivel fitting goes between the sock and the sail. I think the idea is to not have the sock rotate. Seems they are attempting to say the same in ATN's info on their sock. Maybe it will help. I have flown a big kite, but never had a sock. Good luck   http://www.atninc.com/atn-spinnaker-sleeve.shtml
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

ralay

Yeah, I think we'll try it that way first and see how it goes.

CharlieJ

From what I've seen, the sock should not swivel, just the sail
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

ralay

I wish I didn't have to wait a month to try it out.  I tried out just the sock today, but I don't dare bring the spinnaker out in this wind.