News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

gas stoves

Started by Owly055, November 19, 2017, 08:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantom Jim

CaptK, I have not undertaken any changes yet and I may not have to.  Wife and I are over 70 and long-term exotic cruising is well beyond our horizons.  We are going to locally cruise until it is no longer fun or safe.  We have other choices for a backup cooker than the one in the photo...it was just the smallest and used a fuel we commonly had on board.

I have available in my store room a Sea Swing (either alcohol or spirits), Sea Cook (propane), Kenyon Homestead 2 burner alcohol stove, butane single burner range, a roarer gas burner, and the Peak stove.    I WILL NOT GO HUNGRY FOR WANT OF COOKING, EVER ;)
Phantom Jim

CharlieJ

I do love my Sea Cook- and my 9 inch Wok is a perfect fit :)

Sauteed shrimp- beer and Tony Chacere's Cajun seasoning
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Phantom Jim

This took two burners.  On the San Bernard River when the crabbing was really good.
Phantom Jim

Frank

Well.....
If that doesn't just look like a high end restaurant served it up!
Great presentation
I imagine it tasted good too

Grog on the presentation 😄
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

CharlieJ

Quote from: Phantom Jim on February 07, 2018, 04:49:00 PM
Wife and I are over 70 and long-term exotic cruising is well beyond our horizons.

[/u][/i][/b] ;)

I'm 77 - why? met a singlehander in kys who was just under 100. AGE is a number- HEALTH is the key,
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Phantom Jim

You are correct, it is the health.  Our situation is that while we are still in good health, my wife's sailing skill and stamina are decreasing.  We will cruise until it is no longer fun and safe.  Hopefully many more years.  She will not be having any fun if she is worried about me getting into trouble doing old man hijinks.  I love her too much to imperil her because of my pride and bravado.

We are planning to get into the Colorado River Diversion Channel on the Texas Coast this spring to investigate the fishing and crabbing potential.  When the San Bernard mouth was open I could catch more crabs that we could eat in a month by the time I had the boat battened down at anchor. 
Phantom Jim

Phantom Jim

I found this marine salvage consignment store.  Maybe it will help some of you guys outfit your boats.

https://www.mikescms.com/product-category/boat-interior/stoves/
Phantom Jim

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Last weekend I uncovered part of my boat to access the cabin with a tape measure.
Defender had their yearly sale & wanted to buy a stove. Eno 2 burner, Origo gimbaled, to big & to tall. The Origo 2 burner counter mount, to wide. So I settled on the 2 burner Dickinson. Got the stove for under $500.00 & figured I spend half of that tearing the galley apart trying to make the other stoves fit.
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!