News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Site upgrade 2018

Started by CapnK, April 05, 2018, 01:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnK

Gonna be giving the main page a new look/layout and add some functionality to it in the next few days. Intend to try and inject current content from the Forum into it.

I have no idea just yet how I will do that in the end, but thought it might help Google and those perusing it for sailing info understand us and what we are about a little better. :)

Keep an eye out, and let me know what you think. Muchas gracias, amigos/amigas! :D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

s/v Faith

Best of luck! 
(Whatever you do, DONT cross the beams!)
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Cyric30

Should we have a Live chicken on standby in case of emergency?  ;D

Quote from: CapnK on April 05, 2018, 01:06:15 PM
Gonna be giving the main page a new look/layout and add some functionality to it in the next few days. Intend to try and inject current content from the Forum into it.

I have no idea just yet how I will do that in the end, but thought it might help Google and those perusing it for sailing info understand us and what we are about a little better. :)

Keep an eye out, and let me know what you think. Muchas gracias, amigos/amigas! :D

Cyric30

Seen the new front page today and must say it is very nice, very modern feeling.

Frank

Our good Capt K is getting fancy in his older years....

Yep...looking good
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Bob J (ex-misfits)

I think it looks awesome,  nice job!
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

CapnK

I'll be adding back the links like we had before, as well as some other content from within the Forum, so that the 'front end' of the site highlights what happens in the Forum.

Take a look from time to time, check it out and if after looking you have any suggestions WRT the wording or whatever, ideas, or content you'd like to contribute, post them/it here.

Help is Welcome. :)

Adding: For instance, the main image on the front page - I've used some I had, took a few from the Gallery. What shows up is randomized; you'll see/it should show different pictures on (re)loading the page. If you have one in particular you'd like to see there, let me know.
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CharlieJ

LOL- first one I see is Tehani,leaving Punta Gorda.taken by Tom Scott in 2010.

Thanks by the way- I didn't have that pic
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CapnK

Close, CJ - but no cigar! That was taken by me, when you left G-town headed south (probably because all of my rum was gone... ;) ).
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CharlieJ

LOL- well, I knew it was on my singlehand trip round . Now that I look closer, I see the docks are wrong for Punta Gorda. I grabbed it today :)

The pic is of that rum :)

Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CharlieJ

There's a new  pic up now- I might hazard a guess? Katie Marie before her mast went back up?
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CharlieJ

Gone already- moving quickly. Thaat's going to be nice
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Frank

That was Katie...
Now it's Jubilee anchored at Allan's Pensacola Cay 2007
Looked a minute later and it's CJ on Tehani

Yep...things move quick 😄

Then....Faith sailing nicely in a group!
Looks like she had new sails at that time too.
Speaking of......Craig...are you out there? 🤣
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Norman

CapnK, I never come on line to the Home Page, so the new pictures did not show up until I went to the top of the Unread Posts page and clicked on Home.  Yes, that is really neat.  After hopping back and forth between Home and Forum, enjoyed the variety of members boats that you have there. :)

Excellent upgrade.

Norman

w00dy

Wow! What a surprise to see the new look! Kudos Kurt on the facelift and thanks so much for helping to keep us all together another year!