Looking for delivery crew

Started by CharlieJ, May 09, 2018, 10:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

Cross 34 trimaran, expenses paid. Port Lavaca to lake Ontario

Boat belongs to a Canadian neighbor, who is trying to get it back home. Was damaged in Hurricane Ike. Starboard ama totally rebuilt, by me. New diesel engine

If interested, contact Chuck Lutraan at at CLutraan.AOL.com or you can contact me for a phone number
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Phantom Jim

Do you know what this owner wants?  Motor up the Tenn-Tom and somehow get entrance into the Great Lakes?  That would be the most direct route if you can still get from the river system into the lakes.  It would probably be less expensive to truck her up there by the time the owner pays boat gluttons all that food and drink;)
Phantom Jim

CharlieJ

Kind of hard to truck a 22 foot wide boat :)

The plan is around Fla and up east coast. He's Canadian so has time limits in this country
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Phantom Jim

True, 22 feet wide is too wide, but I have seen tri's that had the out side smaller hulls removable.  I was not certain.  Alas, I am too old and not energetic enough to assist in this effort. 

How long would a trip of this length take?
Phantom Jim

CharlieJ

likely take right at a month doing it delivery style and not cruising style. I criuised my boat Norfolk to here in two months, single hand, but I made LOTS of stops to visit friends
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CapnK

Quote from: CharlieJ on May 12, 2018, 08:52:34 AM
<snip>...but I made LOTS of stops to visit friends rum

Fixed that for you, CJ. ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CharlieJ

:)

On another note. They have decided to post pone til the fall- just too  hot for Canadians here now
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera