Got aboard Tehani today- first time since Feb Had several extra hands to help

Started by CharlieJ, July 14, 2018, 08:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

This helper was Chuck Leinweber, of Duckworks.

Interior is in far better shape than I feared, having been basically untouched since the hurricane.. Some mold and mildew, but not a lot. I was pleasantly surprised..

Getting back OFF the boat back onto the dock dock was iffy, but I had hands to hold there. Sure wouldn't have tried it alone yet..

Maybe by sometime next month I'll be in shape to begin the repairs
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Phantom Jim

Phantom Jim

Frank

That's awesome CJ
Glad you got back aboard....even if just for a peek.
Steady progress!!
Take care!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

SeaHusky

I hope for a swift recovery Charlie!
Wrong thread but the mention of hurricane reminded me, how are things with Joe (Cyric 30)?
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

CharlieJ

Joe has bought another boat- a 27 footer. Has it up at his place inn Arkansas, and is overhauling it. He's working on new engine mountings now.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Bob J (ex-misfits)

That's great news, being able to get on the boat.
Could be good PT long as you take it slow. Took me almost a year before I felt close to normal & I only had a couple disc excisions.
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

CharlieJ

Long way from feeling normal- the surgery was only Feb. Had an appt with the surgeon on Thursday and he's happy with progress, as are the PT folks I see twice a week.

Main problem now is balance- had pinched nerves down left leg and the foot kinda sorta quit working. But hey, I'm not using a walker anymore, just a stick and I feel like a big improvement has happened. A year ago I couldn't carry a cup of coffee without sloshing it out in the spasms

And thanks to all who commented- I sort of feel Sailfar is my second home group- a family of sorts. I've met and know many of you in person
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

jotruk

s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock