News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Added galley extension/chart table

Started by Jim_ME, August 30, 2018, 10:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_ME

Was going to email this photo to Joe, since I found it in a Tartan 27 ad, but then realized that it was a fairly universal feature adaptable to various boats and maybe should post here...

Bob J (ex-misfits)

That's pretty cool.
I did this to my 28, gives more counter space & storage below. Thinking about adding another shelf & maybe some doors. Like everything on a boat  still a work in progress.
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

Owly055

Quote from: misfits on August 31, 2018, 03:01:42 PM
That's pretty cool.
I did this to my 28, gives more counter space & storage below. Thinking about adding another shelf & maybe some doors. Like everything on a boat  still a work in progress.

The next step is to learn to sleep comfortably in a vertical position  ;-)   Seriously though, I sleep in a recliner and have for many years.   I don't sleep worth a darn laying down.  Takes up far less space than a bed / berth..... I plan to do the same in the bridge deck cabin or cockpit.  Single handing, that will allow me to keep a decent watch without having to drag my tired ass up the ladder for a looksee every 15-20min.   

H.W.

SeaHusky

I'm thinking of trying the good old hammock. Even in a knock down you should remain comfortably in bed.
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

Owly055

Quote from: SeaHusky on September 02, 2018, 04:25:25 PM
I'm thinking of trying the good old hammock. Even in a knock down you should remain comfortably in bed.

My back wouldn't take a hammock anymore, but on a monohull, if I were sleeping in a hammock, I would want soft bumpers if I was worried about knockdown.   A hammock places your body weight entirely below the pivot axis a significant distance.  This results in significant energy when you swing.  A more ideal situation would be to have 1/3 of your body weight above the pivot axis, but a bed like that would be far more complicated than an ordinary hammock.   If you did hit the wall or ceiling, the force would be far lower.......
                                                         H.W.

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Ya know even though we lost a "berth" with the modification, it's a very comfortable place to sit. But I have to admit I'm liking the port berth where it buts up to the quarter berth.  I've discovered I don't have to reach high to pick up a glass of burbon:).  Life is good floating like a leaf on the water.
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!