News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

A moment of Peace

Started by Pixie Dust, June 18, 2006, 10:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixie Dust

Time stopped this morning.  For a brief time, I was able to just absorb life's gifts.  The wind gently rocking Pixie as she was slowly swinging on her anchor rode less than 100 yds from the shore.  I allowed myself to turn off the rest of the world and just inhale.  Breathing in the wonderful aroma of coffee and the sea, I close my eyes and just listen ....  the surf softly rolling onto the shore, birds communicating in different languages as they gracefully glide across the powder blue sky, then land on shore to search for their nourishment.  Water lapping gently against my little blue dinghy with a slow steady beat, soft music of Nora Jones on the stereo.  I feel the cool morning breeze on my skin making it an unusually cool morning for this time of year.   I open my eyes and fall in love again with the beautiful palette of colors offered before me.  The sapphire blue water, blending into light green as sand bars separate me from the beach, then becoming sapphire as it laps up onto the sugary white sand that I love to put my feet in.  As my eyes travel on shore, the wonderful shades of green, pine trees, oaks, palmettos, sea oats.  The soft yellow tops of the sea oats remind me of paint brushes as they make gentle strokes against the light blue horizon.  Some dead trees from storms past stand brown, as they dot the shore, but they remain standing, still displaying strength.  Their presence a reminder.  Beaches, like life, ever changing, ever cycling, changing with each second in some small way.   I am offered glimpses of tall standing dunes that managed to survive adversity, peaking at me from behind the trees.   Seabirds of all types share my island view.
My little Pixie has brought me here and given me a safe haven to just stop the madness and take some Connie time to just bask in God's beauty. I hold onto this moment like a child holding a security blanket.  I want to be able to come back to this moment of total peace and contentment as needed during my busy week.  I need it to last until I can get my next *fix*.  I say that Pixie Dust brings the magic to my life and this is just one example of how she does this.  How lucky we are to have these opportunities.
Location- Shell Island, Panama City, FL
I had the anchorage to myself except for 1 Catamaran and another sailboat.    WOW! What a morning.   :)
Connie
s/v Pixie Dust
Com-pac 27/2

AdriftAtSea

Beautifully written. :D  and people wonder what it is about a cruising sailboat is so magical... this post really shows what it is all about.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Zen

Thanks Connie, that was nice, I could feel a taste of the pleasure you had in the beauty of the day.
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Seadogg

Wow, Connie!  That was great.  You really nailed it.

Times like those make it very easy to see how so many of us decide to cast off the dock lines and make those special moments the "norm" rather than the exception...

Now you've got me looking forward to my next time out on the water, sailing in my soul.

Fair winds,
Nick
S/V  First Step

Destination?? Sailing IS the destination!!

xroyal

Simply beautiful.  :)

All I could think was cast off and go.
John
Santana 22 #195
SoOregon

Improvisation

C:  Thank you, my friend.  Very eloquently written.  Shell Island is truly beautiful!! J s/v Improvisation