After 10+ years of cruising, we finally made it to the Bahamas....

Started by w00dy, December 27, 2019, 12:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w00dy

...but it wasn't on our boat ;)

After working for the Liberty Fleet for the last two seasons, I got offered a "vacation package" and Raylay and I flew to Nassau to spend a week sailing on Liberty Clipper. The wind direction was mostly NE that week, so we ended up motoring across to Eleuthera and spending most of the week there in the lee of the island, under sail and at anchor in various harbors. We had a blast living aboard a 125' traditional schooner with the crew and other passengers, seeing the Bahamas for the first time, and getting away from the frigid temps in Boston.

I'd also highly recommend this trip to anyone feeling adventurous and in need of a getaway.

Here's a link to some pictures of the ship, the crew, beaches, etc
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LzzSHSAnZv8-lXy-uB5SXqFl-SiJ4XwZ?usp=sharing

w00dy

Here's a pic of me sailing a wooden "Peapod" skiff, with the Liberty Clipper at anchor in the background.

https://imgur.com/a/xiiBt9e

Frank

Awesome!
Now your appetite will be there to return with your own
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Bubba the Pirate

Sounds like a great time. I know the boat, I think. I don't know how many they have in their fleet these days. 

Here's me helping haul a halyard in Boston Harbor.  :-)

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Norman

8)  Congratulations!  About time you two picked up some of that unique sun tan!

You certainly had great smiles in the pictures.  Wish I were there about now, we are about to get cold again.  :(

Jump ship at the end of the cruise, and become beach bums.  ;D

Norman

w00dy

Thanks for sharing the pic Todd. How many years ago was that?

Norman, we definitely wanted to stay longer, but it was magical enough for the moment.

Frank, I'm definitely encouraged to return, though I'm not sure if it's in the cards for us. We are thinking of selling Mona this year. Rachel and I have enjoyed her but this is a year of big changes for us. Stay tuned.

Bubba the Pirate

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CharlieJ

Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Bubba the Pirate

Full Disclosure: My post could be interpreted a couple ways, but I just went out for a day/bay sail with my brother & his family.
:-)

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jim_ME