News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Isaias

Started by s/v Faith, August 03, 2020, 11:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s/v Faith

Kurt! Hope you and Barque are all secured and safe!  Please do give us a report.

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

s/v Faith

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Stripped all the sails, dodger & solar panels off the boat. Luckily this doesn't appear to be a long duration storm up on mid coast Maine. Still on my mooring so long as someone doesn't break free & start bowling down the mooring field, should be ok.

Here at home in the woods of western  NH, it's going to get exciting🤣
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

s/v Faith

Quote from: misfits on August 04, 2020, 02:55:21 PM
Stripped all the sails, dodger & solar panels off the boat. Luckily this doesn't appear to be a long duration storm up on mid coast Maine. Still on my mooring so long as someone doesn't break free & start bowling down the mooring field, should be ok.

Here at home in the woods of western  NH, it's going to get exciting🤣

Wishing you the best of luck!

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Thank you, appreciate it!

s/v Faith

Looks like the docks at Southport did not hold....  :-[

w00dy

Dang! What a picture.

What remained of the low passed well inland of Boston last night. We saw some 30+ kt gusts at times and got a few heavy bands of rain, but Mona is well back in the harbor, way up a river, so all is well.

CapnK

Made it though OK, still moving boats, hoping to have that wrapped up today. In brief:

All boats survived, I was on the I36 up a tiny creek and we got pushed hard aground and stuck there as the tide fell. Made mast off to a tree so we wouldn't fall over at low, and the next day at high thankfully I got her off. The A30 was anchored out from marina w/a 65# Spade and 3/4" nylon as her primary, got some water inside and jumbled up a bit by the waves, but OK all in all. Katie is up a small creek paired w/a clients Watkins 25. They made it through all OK and I plan to get them back here today, hoping no rednecks found them in the past two days.
Time to haul more anchor! :) I've a couple pics I'll post later.
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Boat's OK.
At the house, couple of cordwood sized oaks took out the electric & communications service all the way back to the street. Still waiting on the power company to replace the transformer & service. Hopefully that'll happen today.

CapnK

My view the morning after. Had to climb *up* the cabin sole to companionway to poke head out. Saw this. Went back to starboard berth where I'd fitfully slept for a couple hours, and sat there nice and still until I could hear water flowing back around the hull an hour later. Stern of the boat was 3'+ higher than the bow, angled like we had been frozen coming down the face of a giant swell. A lot steeper than it appears in this picture.

Second pic is the hump lump of mud and grass which we had been perched upon after being placed there by Isaias. I slightly tinted the non-hump area to make the hump easier to see
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Bob J (ex-misfits)

That's pretty awesome!

Frank

Glad the fleet is ok Capt K
I'm sure you're tired after the prep!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Tim

Nice work Capt K glad all came through without damage. If I ever had to prepare for a big one, I would want you guiding me, you have become a goll darn Pro!
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

CapnK

Added another weapon to the arsenal - 15" tent/trailer tie-down stakes. :D Going to test one this weekend, but figure I can screw them into the marsh grass root system at creekside for dual use as strain relievers (on the anchor/s) and to help hold the boat in the middle of the creek, as opposed to being blown to the side and potentially up into the grass on the surge. It would be very hard (like, a nightmare) to have to recover the boat out of/off the grass after the surge recedes and water levels return to normal.
Been meaning to get these for years, glad I can finally see how the idea will work. Hopefully, that will be "well". The cost about $25 from Amazon.

Hmm, job title "Hurricane Marine Threat/Grounding Mitigation Consultant" sounds pretty darn fancy! ;D
Please Buy My Boats. ;)