How’s everyone coping with Covid?

Started by Frank, September 08, 2020, 07:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Do NOT want to get political...
Just wondering how everyone is doing?
I'm blessed to have a bit of land to keep me busy, wildlife to keep me company and a shop to tinker in. Lots to do right here at home.
I've avoided groups and keep company to one or two known friends for a visit and have spent more time with my two sisters which has been nice.
Look forward to the day when a vaccine is distributed and a sense of "normal" returns.
Hope everyone is well
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Norman

I just finished replacing the lights on my small trailer with LED's, and a new winch line.  Serviced the winch lube, cleaned and lubed the hitch, and adjusted to a snug fit on older son's truck, checked all lights working.  New load range D wheels and tires, replacing the 20 year old, but still good ones, which became the spares in place of the now 40 year old original wheels and tires.  Keeping the sun off makes a difference.

Loaded the john boat on and secured it for a rough ride.

4 HP outboard, PFD's and a variety of accessories into the truck.

The john boat is now at second son's house, and they have been out fishing several times, caught fish every time.

Shirley and I have been avoiding close contact with the public in general, and have no issues so far.  Hugs inside the family are not done, but we sit down at the same table and eat, with the grand kids at the far end, as they have more social contact than their parents.

Walks and bike rides for exercise, and I take some bread to feed the minnows from the bridges over the small creek.

Lawn and flower garden provide another level of activity, mostly Shirley.  Earlier, worked loosely with a neighbor to take down a tree, and months later, when yard waste pickup resumed, cut, tied in bundles all the limbs and took them to the curb.  My back is still complaining about that!  The neighbor took the larger pieces, thank goodness.

No sailing yet this year....................

Most important, Shirley and I are still on speaking terms, although cabin fever is a factor.

Tim

Feeling fortunate to be places where isolation comes naturally. Fires all around my place in California, smoke so thick it has blocked the midday sun. But I am currently in Colorado in cooler clear air (even some snow showers today) and hopefully by the time I head back things will have cooled down.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Cyric30

Well Lets see.
I live in a very rural area in a very rural state, which is a plus. But i also have a job where i am around alot of ppl daily, which suck at the best of times, but now is than worse normal. In a way it has made dealing with ppl easier, i now have an excuse to not get close to anyone i dont want to. So another plus, in a strange way. you can only stand so much stupid and my meters been over a 9000 for awhile now. so i guess once the initial unknown of how many ppl where badly effected was over with it was just Meh, get on with life. cause i cant do anything else about it. Maybe a bit of a blase attitude.

I did get down in a funk for a bit when i realized i really should postpone my boat launch and trip for a year, due to the uncertainty of lock-downs coupled with the economy and unemployment stuff, i would like to see things on a more certain footing before i take off.

So i guess thats my report on my current state of affairs

Cyric