News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Life Support!

Started by lance on cloud nine, November 02, 2021, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lance on cloud nine

this is an invitation to post anything! a pic of a recent trip, a description of your latest project, a mention of a future dream trip! say hello! Don't let the fragmentation of the inner webs take all the wind from our sails here.
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

Bob J (ex-misfits)

End of August. Anchored in cove up in Maine, daybreak is happening. In addition to an anchor watch app I also use the alarm on my depth sounder. Down side to this is it beeps whenever a school of baitfish swims under the boat. It's beeping then I hear something that sounds like a foot pump for an inflatable. Now I gotta get up & see what the heck that noise is. A porpoise is swimming circles around my boat. The sound was it's exhaling & inhaling. I'm mesmerized watching this creature. Finally scrambled to grab my phone so I could get a picture. It was a pretty cool way to start my day!
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

lance on cloud nine

Awesome!
once when surfing Santa Monica Beach in LA I had a loooong pod of whales pass by my surf board, all drafting each other, headed south. they were so close I could smell each exhale. as I was watching them I became aware of the horns in traffic behind me on Pacific Coast Highway. the contrast of nature so close to the rat race was something to ponder. I felt lucky to be where I was.
thanks for posting.

Bubba the Pirate

I sold my camper van last week and moved aboard. We are not in the water yet. I am waiting on a couple more parts and will be launching in the next two weeks in the Cape Fear River west of Wilmington. I'll be heading south as soon as I have the rig tuned up.
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lance on cloud nine

congrats Bubba! send pics.

Frank

Agreed...
More pics Bubba 👍
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

CapnK

Todd - stop by here on your way S. Two good days from there to here (Wilm -> Lil River -> Gtown). If you leave Lil River/Calabash on a mid tide rising, current will be with you all the way to the Soccastee swing bridge. From there you are on the Waccamaw and it'll reverse, you'll have a falling tide to bring you downriver to Winyah Bay. There's a weekend rate for small boats here, just $25 for the whole weekend if you want/need to stay and sort out what the first 2 days of travel "teach" you. ;)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Bubba the Pirate

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~