My marina... been invaded! Mass casualties ensued.

Started by CapnK, November 29, 2023, 02:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnK

Sunday afternoon the flood tide brought in a Pirate from northern parts, lookin' fer a spot of dock where to weather this last cold blast.

Todd, AKA Bubba, on his Bayfield.

The casualties are, as you may guess - brain cells - because we have successfully avoided freezing to death by imbibing antifreeze, of a sort. Just for survival, ya know...

He did a good job helping me de-ballast a bit of tequila which I had aboard as a gift, and of which I am not a huge fan. :D

He got to meet Zach, the new owner of Sundance, my ex-A30.
And Barque.
And some SC good ol' boys, sport fisherman and such.

I got to check out Ruth Ann, she's a cool boat. He's toured Katie and Melelani, reciprocally.

We've got another cold night ahead before it warms enough for him to resume his trek south to the land of coconuts and warm beaches.

Just as with other transient sailFarers, it's been good to meet in person after all these years! And evidence pictures are generally not allowed, but I'll see about getting one for an alibi proof.
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Bubba the Pirate

I had great fun stopping in to finally meet CapnK and I seem to have survived the invasion -- just. Not only have I been lurking around Sailfar since 2006, the good Captain had posted in 2019 about a boat for sale that lead me to acquiring Ruth Ann.

Further, with 3 nights in the 30s this week, CapnK arranged that I could get a slip near his to plug in and stay warm.

Here is an image with no evidence of any crimes, dockside or ashore, showing the corner of Ruth Ann's transom, the A30 (that I had actually tried to buy months before CapnK did), then Melelani behind it, and Katie in the background (her horizontal mast lines up with Melelani's boom).

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frank

I'm sure you both enjoyed yourselves!!
My experience has been that visits there are followed by aspirin or Tylenol
Happy hangover  :)
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Bubba the Pirate

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CapnK

Quote from: Frank on December 01, 2023, 03:59:29 PMI'm sure you both enjoyed yourselves!!
My experience has been that visits there are followed by aspirin or Tylenol
Happy hangover  :)

Pfffft. Doubles of both, if you'd been here. ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Frank

God made small boats for younger boys and older men