News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Started by CapnK, December 14, 2023, 11:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnK

19 years have elapsed since the beginning here. A select few have stayed, some this entire time, many many more have come and gone. I think that over the years a few lives have been changed, helped for the better, because of, or with input from the people here. If nothing else - that makes it worthwhile.

Happy Anniversary, y'all. It would not, could not, have happened without YOU. :D

http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Frank

19 yrs!
Wow....
I still clearly remember several of us messaging back n forth over on the Ariel site and you creating this!
Thanks so much Kurt!
19...... time certainly flys!
Lots of info and history in here.....
Appreciate your efforts!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Tim

Had to do the math to figure out it has been 16 fun years for me, thanks for keeping it going Kurt!
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Jim_ME

Happy Anniversary Kurt and SailFar!

I believe that the 19th is the BRONZE Anniversary...

Maybe that was back in the Bronze Age, when you could find stuff made of that on boats?

Norman

Good years, every one. :)

Especially the Covid years, SailFar did not lock down!

I am getting old, and figuring out when I logged in the first time is beyond my current ability, might find my old logs, but having just moved, who knows where they are, or even if they made it?

I was here when Pixie Dust was here, for a starter of dates.............

Thanks Kurt, this site has brought many great ideas to solve problems, fun stories, and interesting friendships my way.

The last three times I have sailed were on Phil MacCall's ComPac Pilothouse 23, whom I met through this site.  I volunteered to show him how to raise the mast on his new to him boat, we have been friends ever since.  Without Covid, we almost certainly would have circumnavigated the DelMarVa Peninsula, which we had planned for 2020.All the marina's went on lockdown, so canceled. He does not have internet now, so not on the site anymore.

Where did the Grog button go?  I wanted to give the Captain a Grog!

Shore bound Norman, formally known as KRUSE'N.

Bubba the Pirate

Huzzah!
I've been here about 17.
Not just good people and good information, but hanging out here, often just lurking, kept me sane and motivated thru 16 years and four boats to finally untie the lines and live as I had dreamed of most my life.
Thanks, Kurt. Happy Anniversary!
And thanks to everyone for the help and support.
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

w00dy

Have a grog on me, Kurt. Thank you and everyone for making this a great forum and for many friendships along the way.