Main Menu

Happy New Year

Started by jotruk1, December 31, 2023, 10:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jotruk1

hope everyone will have a safe and happy new yewr

Frank

Back at ya!

Here's to health, happiness and more sailing in 24!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Norman

:) Off to a fine start here, just had dinner with one of our neighbors (We just moved, so all of them are relative strangers).  Interesting to learn of their interests and past adventures.

Small earthquake 20 miles away, we did not feel or hear it.

Threat of deep snow Saturday, but with the track record of 5 day prognosis, who cares?

Had Jambalaya for the dinner, thought that was a thick soup, there was no liquid whatsoever, but delicious.  Better no liquid, than mostly water!

Carry my cane, not because it is likely that I will need it, but as insurance if I overextend my walk.  And also to assure the dogs properly respect me.

So Happy New Year, all the sailors here!

KRUSE'N  Yeah, all caps, I am shouting with joy!:)

wolverine

Happy New Year to all!

Herer in Oriental we have the annual "Instead of Football" regatta new years day.  As last year, it started out with nice winds, buy they failed before we made the 1st mark.  Cruised a leisurely 1 knot half way to the 2nd mark before starting up the iron wind and heading in.  Never would have made the "mandatory" captains meeting if we hadn't.  Winner of the regatta has their name pulled from a hat.  It was nice to get back out.  Hadn't sailed since the winter "sailstice".
Compac 19/II
Seidelman 295

Frank

Sounds like fun!
Oriental is a cool place!
Good sailing community
God made small boats for younger boys and older men