News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Away Too Long

Started by wolverine, August 21, 2024, 09:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolverine

I haven't taken the Seidelman out since February. Too busy sailing the Compac 19 and traveling. Today I brought it from the slip to our dock behind the house for a good cleaning. As always, the Yanmar fired right up.  Afterwards, the wife and I decided to take her out on the river. Raising the main while still tied to the dock, we were showered with mud dauber nests. There was even a bird nest with 2 eggs in it.  Arriving home after sunset, I let cleaning the deck 'til tomorrow, but took the main off for a good scrubbing.

Compac 19/II
Seidelman 295

Frank

Nice when the diesel fires right up after sitting. Always a bit nervous when ya turn the key..
Seems you'll be busy cleaning. You'll probably use her more if right at home.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

wolverine

I spent 11 hours cleaning out the boat. Almost every cabinet/storage area had a mud dauber nest in it. I took everything out of the boat.  Everything. That alone took just short of 3 hours and 3-10 cu. ft. dump carts.  Amazing how much stuff one accumulates in a boat. The main sail was removed and scrubbed clean before being re-installed. The main sail cover was machine washed, the deck was scubbed and all the interior surfaces cleaned.  Since I hardly sail it, I'll be putting it up for sale.  There is a late 70s, early 80s Flicka on a trailer in a marina close by that has been sitting for years. I'm going to see if I can locate the owner and maybe make an offer on it. If I get it, I'll also sell the Compac.
Compac 19/II
Seidelman 295