sailors i have met at the bruce mines marina

Started by smittea, December 22, 2005, 10:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smittea

frank dye from england  who sailed his 16' wayfairer from florida to green bay.unbelievable journey.

sailor on steel power boat named grumpy sailing to aruba and liked amerian cigs!   

couple from alaska on cat with 2 children sailing to bahamas down the mississip.tracking on hipipotimus web site.they made it ok  and sold everything in bahamas.

CapnK

Smittea -

I meet lots of folks from other places too, here at "my" marina. We are just off of the ICW, about midway between Charleston and Little River, SC, at a convienent distance for most transients to stop at when heading either way, north or south. Yesterday the sailboat arrivals were sparse (it is late in the year) - 2 boats, one from Canada, and the other from (I think) Australia. I haven't gotten over to speak with the Aussies yet, I am guessing that is what they are since their boat is named "Wombat of Sydney". ;D It's a honkin' big Beneteau.

Two notable highlights of the past few weeks: Going aboard a Hinckley Bermuda 40 for a coupel hours of chatting and a cocktail (its always a pleasure to go aboard such classy vessels), and I have also been invited to crew in the Marion->Bermuda race next June.( Gee, let me think about that one... ;))

Living aboard *rocks*. ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Captain Smollett

Quote from: CapnK on December 23, 2005, 01:22:05 PM
I have also been invited to crew in the Marion->Bermuda race next June.( Gee, let me think about that one... ;))

I'm jealous!   :'(
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

CapnK

Quote from: Captain Smollett on December 23, 2005, 01:46:16 PM
Quote from: CapnK on December 23, 2005, 01:22:05 PM
I have also been invited to crew in the Marion->Bermuda race next June.( Gee, let me think about that one... ;))

I'm jealous!   :'(

Yeah - John, that race hadn't even really entered my consciouness until *you* said something about it to me what, 2 months ago?

Then two weeks ago, I'm sitting aboard a 42' stinkpotter, drinking Scotch while talking to the delivery crew (who are in actuality sailors from Annapolis), and they wound up inviting me.

Funny how things work.  ;)

Maybe the year after next, *my* boat will be ready for something like that, and I'll have to ask *you* to crew. ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)