News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Crystal Light On the Go

Started by Captain Smollett, August 14, 2006, 07:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oded kishony

I also make a summer drink. I buy some organic ginger then grate it in a food processor then put it in a pot with water. I the put it on the stove and heat it, letting it simmer for a while (about 45 min) I then strain this and put it in a bottle to add to tea (ice or hot) water with a bit of honey or anything else that might be suitable. Might be particularly good for those that tend to get seasick since ginger is supposed to settle the stomach.

Oded Kishony

s/v Faith

Tang has become a staple onboard Faith.  We still like cool aid, but for some reason whenever I drink it I wind up with a stain on my shirt......

Came across the new 'invisible' cool aid the other day.  Same taste, no dye added.  Great for those of us with holes in our lips.   ;D

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Captain Smollett

Quote from: s/v Faith on February 09, 2008, 11:52:50 PM

Tang has become a staple onboard Faith.  We still like cool aid, but for some reason whenever I drink it I wind up with a stain on my shirt......

Came across the new 'invisible' cool aid the other day.  Same taste, no dye added.  Great for those of us with holes in our lips.   ;D

HAHA.

There was a Chemistry professor in NC a few years ago that designed an organic lab experiment involving the paper chromatography of Kool-Aid - he had students separate the various dyes in the powder.

Dye-less Kool-Aid would put him out of business.  So in the spirit of science education, I think we all need to live with stained shirts!!

;D ;D  (jk)
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain