News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Sale at W*st Marine

Started by Ol' Coot, December 11, 2006, 06:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol' Coot

Not often that they cut the prices significantly on brass clocks, lamps, etc.

Only 2 more days.

Shortened Link

"...somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"  - B.S. 1973

CapnK

Why is it that the best sales always coincide with my times of 'least money'... ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

s/v Faith

I took a look at the prices on clocks and they are much more reasonable then the regular price.

This seems like the time to take the plunge.  I would not recommend buying them online though, I would definitely buy them in the store so you can inspect the model you are buying.

I had ordered a clock / barometer through our marina it was the weems & plath 'bluewater' series.

I weems & plath have usually had higher quality, so I was not to worried about ordering this sight unseen.  When it came in, I was very disappointed with the quality.  The cases were plastic, (which it had said in the add) but they were very thin, cheap plastic that you could see the molding lines in (like something made in Tiawan).  The bigger concern was the movement in the clock, it was the standard all plastic, movement you might buy at an arts and crafts store in a do-it-yourself clock kit.  The arms of the clock and the needle of the barometer moved with the slightest movement of the piece..... I doubt the accuracy would even be useable
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

AdriftAtSea

Quote from: CapnK on December 11, 2006, 10:52:34 PM
Why is it that the best sales always coincide with my times of 'least money'... ;D

But West Marine has sales all the time.... ohh...  I see what you mean.
;)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more